Thread: Archery ranges

Default Archery ranges

I was curious to see what all archery ranges there were in the valley area and if you pay each time you go or what club you have to join to shoot? I know there used to be one at the community college and there's supposivly one in peters creek? I've also heard of one at Kincaid. I grew up in Arizona and we had an incredible range it had like 18 hunter walk around targets and a covers pavilion with targets out to 100yards and then another 18 or so walk around regular targets. Is there anything like that around? I'd like to get out and meet some fellow bow hunters and shot a nice corse without doing a competitive shoot.

ASAA - Lots of good information there.

Bear Paw archery is on Melanie dr. off of Lucas rd. (top of hill) $10 and you can shoot all day long. They offer all the typical equipment and repairs as well.

Screaming Eagle is close to the VFW off of KGB rd. Smaller shop/range but also have equipment and repair svcs. Not sure what their range time costs.

Thats about it for indoor ranges in the Valley. For outdoor, the one at the college is the only one I know of. Plans are in the works for one at the Menard Sports complex, but nothing is set up yet. Cook Inlet Archers has an outdoor course set up by N. Birchwood. They have bag targets up all year and do 3-D shoots the third Sunday of every month October through May.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Quote Originally Posted by fishingyoda View Post
    I was curious to see what all archery ranges there were in the valley area and if you pay each time you go or what club you have to join to shoot? I know there used to be one at the community college and there's supposivly one in peters creek? I've also heard of one at Kincaid. I grew up in Arizona and we had an incredible range it had like 18 hunter walk around targets and a covers pavilion with targets out to 100yards and then another 18 or so walk around regular targets. Is there anything like that around? I'd like to get out and meet some fellow bow hunters and shot a nice corse without doing a competitive shoot.

That sounds like the course out in Tucson? I was part of the Huachuca mtn archer club on Ft Huachuca and we had a sweet range as well a 10 target walk thru course and a range you could shoot out to 100yds as well. The range out towards mesa was pretty sweet too and the club down in Globe had a nice range. The Black sheep guys on Elmendorf have a nice outdoor range but you need to be member and if your not military get a vehicel pass. There indoor range is small maybe 30yds at the most.

Default It was usery pass by mesa

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    That sounds like the course out in Tucson? I was part of the Huachuca mtn archer club on Ft Huachuca and we had a sweet range as well a 10 target walk thru course and a range you could shoot out to 100yds as well. The range out towards mesa was pretty sweet too and the club down in Globe had a nice range. The Black sheep guys on Elmendorf have a nice outdoor range but you need to be member and if your not military get a vehicel pass. There indoor range is small maybe 30yds at the most.
    My dad was part of building it and I shot there a lot as a kid I was kind of hoping they had something that fun up here close to the valley.

College range is gone. Trunk Road fixes are taking it over. The Menard Sports complex range is supposed to replace it. Too bad because the terrain at the college was very challenging. Everything will be flat at the Sports complex. The Kincaid Range in Anchorage is excellent. I've shot several field shoots in the Lower 48 and the Kincaid range is every bit as good as most and better than many.

I'm hoping to start a field range up here at the Upper Susitna Shooters at mile 98 on the Parks Highway, but I've been saying that for several years. One of these days I will find the time to get it going.

I'd love to have a 3D range, but $500 an animal by the time they get here is far more than $100 a target for a field range.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem