Thread: Interested on viewing old AK photos?

Default Interested on viewing old AK photos?

As some of you may already know, there are perhaps thousands of photos to look at or purchase at the UAF Library. The photos I refer to are very old B&W photos of Alaskans, and places in Alaska now in history. There are some amazing photos in this place, some taken by the most popular photographers of yesterday. Keep in mind that by no means am I trying a sell pitch on you, just to let you know that these photos are available for viewing online. Once you see the photo on your screen, click on the title or details at the right of the photo. Once you see the details of what the photo is all about, click on the photo to view a larger image. Tell me what you think of the "Mushing" bear, found in the "New 2006" link
    http://www.alaskahistorystore.org/

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by RayfromAK View Post
    As some of you may already know, there are perhaps thousands of photos to look at or purchase at the UAF Library......
    Excellent link. Thanks.

Fantastic link, thanks for sharing that

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dwhunter View Post
    Fantastic link, thanks for sharing that

Doug
    Yes. Its a goof place to look at historical photographs of Alaska.

Default very cool!

Thanks for the site Ray! Very cool to look back in history and see how things use to be up here. Especially for someone like me! Awesome shots and info in there! That mushing bear is classic!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt'N'Photos View Post
    Thanks for the site Ray! Very cool to look back in history and see how things use to be up here. Especially for someone like me! Awesome shots and info in there! That mushing bear is classic!
    Thanks.

You can also see some beautiful photos (B&W) of AK Natives, as well as just beautiful women all dressed to kill. I just love the old dresses women wore back then, not to wear them of course (I am old but straight as an arrow), but to admire the ladies and their stylish looks. A lot of these photos are not posted; I have seen them at the UAF's library.