Thread: New Toy :)

Default New Toy :)

Stainless EEA Witness .45 ACP that I got in a trade and some cash for a lever action I had. Some might bring up the fact that some EEA Witness in .45 and 10mm developed cracks in the slides when using +P ammo like 950fps and above in the .45 ACP. That has been pretty well taken care of by the gun maker in Italy by installing stronger springs.

I have put a much stronger spring in this pistol and it can handle +P rounds but I prefer and like the 230gr FMJ at about 850fps. I will be trying Speer Lawman, CCI (brass not aluminum cases), Remington, Winchester, and Magtech, before I even begin to handload. So far this pistol shoots really good. When I finish testing different factory ammo I will let you all know how it does. Here are some pictures of the Stainless EEA Witness .45 ACP.

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Nice handgun!
    May God Bless The USA!
    If you don't study and understand history, your doomed to repeat it!

Thanks, I really was not sure how I would like it but this thing is a nice shooter. I can't wait to finish my factory ammo test and then move on to handloads.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Nice! Take good care of the finish, one trip to Kodiak and my "wonder finish" was less than wonderful. I plan on upgrading my spring soon as well and picking up some hi-cap mags. So far I have no issues with mine, feeds even the big flat hard casts with no problems. I have the 10mm and I do also plan to pick up the 40 barrel for it for plinking on the chap.

Here is mine getting a new finish

And one of it all back together

Hey, really nice, that is ready for alaska
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Here is a ten shot group (my magazine holds 10 rounds) at 25yds standing free hand with Speer Lawman ammo. All the other ammo I mentioned is on order and and being shipped for me to try.

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

You do take some nice photos, beartooth. I really like the pictures of the pistol on the stump.

Thanks dan, I do like to take pictures.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

A few more pictures for fun

A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Very nice BT - sweet toy - U too LuJon - I love the paint job!
    OK BT how do you get the photos this size - mine are always small and I am not sure how to enlarge them for sure?
    I realize I can go back and resize them in the format I have - and maybe thats the only way - but, if there is another quicker way I am all ears?
    Thanks
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

You will have to resize them. My pictures are taken with a professional Cannon 20D EOS and then I go to photobucket and when they are uploaded to photobucket I use photobucket to size them. Other than that I don't know what to tell you.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

EAA Match 10mm, had this one 4 years now and it's been flawless through more rounds than I can count.
    DSC_0035a.jpg
    Had a Witness compact in 40 that was also flawless and I should have kept it! Lot of gun for the buck with these EAAs.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Andy, I am definitely jealous of that Match grade! I would love to have the longer slide and hi-viz sights like that!

I like it a lot. I like the single action trigger way better, see how much farther back it is and that it doesnít hook as much down at the bottom? It makes it a great winter field gun for me with gloves on with a very nice pull and crisp brake. The sights were not that much better till I painted the dots and ramp on them but they are great with the paint. I go back and forth on the extended controls though, they are great for running the gun but tend to get in the way for packing the thing. Especially the mag release that makes tactical reloads so fast, it tends to dump the mag when holstered! I had to build a divot into the holster for the mag release to overcome that so itís okay now. Shoots like a dream, lots of rock-n-roll in your hand at 14+1 of 10mm! No doubt Tanfoglio makes a good gun for the money.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by beartooth View Post
    My pictures are taken with a professional Cannon 20D EOS...
    What are you using for glass?

Cannon EFS 18-55mm on the above pictures.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS