Thread: Photo Search- tractor launch

Default Photo Search- tractor launch

Folks, we are looking for a good photo of the tractor launch situation down at Deep Creek, that we can use on the site here. The photo must be your personal property in order for us to use it. If you have something like that, please send it to my email address, or post it here and drop me a PM so I know about it. Something that shows what it's really like down there. Also it would be great if we can come up with a photo where things didn't go so well too...

Thanks!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

I have a couple of my Dad's boat going onto the trailer with about half a log skidder showing in the pic. You can have them if you want. I am betting you are looking for a more overall shot. Have to dig around the photo folders and see what I can find.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Default photos beach way in

Halibut 2010 023 (Small).jpgHalibut 2010 010 (Small).jpg photos of beach way on the way in. p.m. sent

What is the "tractor launch situation" ??

Down at Deep Creek they launch on the beach with the tractors you see in the photos. it can get pretty crazy loading when the wind comes up.

I see. Why no traditional boat ramps? I read in another thread that they charge 60 bucks!? That would put a damper on boating in that spot for me.
    You'll have to excuse me I'm from Oklahoma and really know nothing about Alaska.

A trad ramp would not last a season...ice, waves, how far the tide goes out - etc. How much tidal swing do they have in OK ? LOL Cook inlet has 30 feet at times...without a spit and a protected bay it would just be terribly cost prohibitive.

I agree Okie $60 a day is a lot to launch, then a tip and $10 a day to tent camp. At the end of the day the views and smiles make it all worth it!

Here is one from thursday. feel free to use it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"