Thread: Alaska Fishing Magazine

Default Alaska Fishing Magazine

We posted some info on this a few days ago, but some of you didn't get the memo. Be sure to check out our brand-new online magazine, Alaska Fishing Magazine. It's a quarterly, and deals with both freshwater and saltwater fishing, plus fish biology, fly tying and a ton of other stuff. This one has articles on winter kings, pike fishing, fly tying and a special feature article on a great fishing destination outside Alaska, Baja's East Cape area!

The current issue is our very first one, and the spring issue is coming up close behind. Check it out!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Thanks for the reminder there is something else besides gossip going on.

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Thanks for the reminder there is something else besides gossip going on.
    wha.... what... who? me?....
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Just blame it on COtoAK, that works.

Default gr8 start

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    Alaska Fishing Magazine. It's a quarterly, and deals with both freshwater and saltwater fishing, plus fish biology, fly tying and a ton of other stuff. This one has articles on winter kings, pike fishing, fly tying and a special feature article on a great fishing destination outside Alaska, Baja's East Cape area!
    Great start to a new mag.

I especially liked the one about Baja. Awhile back I used to be in San Felipe a few times every single year. Those pangas are not a bad way to go; their captains know the water, though they have no fancy gear to look undersea.

Few people know that San Felipe has a 30 foot vertical tide, one of the highest/lowest tide surges of the world. I know; I lost a 3 month old 4x4 to that tide.

And the city takes some getting used to. Fun town, but I remember one ticket I got there..... Cop: "you drove too close to the pedestrian". Me: "Where did you see my truck?" Cop: "in the street". Me: "Where was the pedestrian?" Cop: "on the sidewalk". At that point I knew logic wasn't the way to go and I handed him a twenty and he was happy. That was the way back then.