Thread: Who is this handsome devil??

Question Who is this handsome devil??

5928358.108250.original.highlight.prod_affiliate.7.jpg

Front page of the sports section from today's ADN!!

Hard to tell with that beard, hat, sun glasses, but he does look like a good guy! Good picture Steve
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

I have met Steve and I don't think that it is him. I think they got the wrong guy on adn. I bet that Steve knows him. All those white, bearded guys know each other.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Yep, there's a thread on this in the saltwater fishing forum. That's not Steve - they got the pictures mixed up and printed one of his friend instead.

I wasn't gonna say a word! Who was I to know if Steve went on a regime of botox and steroids this winter?

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    I have met Steve and I don't think that it is him. I think they got the wrong guy on adn. I bet that Steve knows him. All those white, bearded guys know each other.
    Spoiled one is right, there's something about all those white, bearded guys. They all know each other.

Glad to see Steve getting some credit for his experience. The article's a good piece.

Yea, I thought there was something fishy about that picture-witticism intended. I showed it to my son at breakfast and he said,”that’s not Steve dad”.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.

Its my buddy Bill who gets out on the boat with me once in awhile. The reporter asked if i had any pictures so i sent him a few, he asked me to name the guy with the white beard in the pictures so i assumed it was me, but he didn't say what picture they were going to use. Oh well at least they spelled my last name right and gave me some credit for the gear.
    If you look at the bottom of the article on the adn website there's some AH calling me a scumbag for building gear and selling it to folks, he says i'm enabling people to rape the resources of the state and all i'm in it for is the money. I guess you can't fix stupid!

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    I wasn't gonna say a word! Who was I to know if Steve went on a regime of botox and steroids this winter?
    Jeff,
    The guy in the picture does the Scottish Highland Games every summer, last year he went like 160 feet carrying a 150lb rock(farmers walk) in each hand! by the way he's 62 years old !!

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

and we have a secret handshake like in the ZZ Top vids

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    I guess you can't fix stupid!
    One of my favorite lines. I guess the only solution here is to tie that AH to a shrimp pot line, send him down about 500ft to see for himself if you are "raping the resource". If you need a hand just let me know.

I thought you did a great job presenting the resource and its management and I for one appreciate your experience and knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    and we have a secret handshake like in the ZZ Top vids
    too funny!...now, can you put you prawn trap in front of you, and--with no hands--let your trap do a 360??...thinking the zz top's elimanator album9?),,....funny, in my early 20's i played qtar in bands on the road for about 5 years and ZZ top has been one of my mainstays!!.....yes, you and your buddy could be a billy gibbons--or is it the other guy??.....larry

29' Wooldridge Pilot House, Twin 200 Hp Etecs! "...Pez Gordo..."
    18' Wooldridge Sport with 200 hp sport jet. "...Little Pez..."

I wasn't sure if it was him or just a clever disguise, but I was thinking that I needed a new pair of cheaters! Come to think of it, that beard does look kinda short for Palmer........

Looks like Santa Claus with a shrimp pot... Dear Santa, all I want for christmas are shrimp pots........
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by bcriverhunter View Post
    too funny!...now, can you put you prawn trap in front of you, and--with no hands--let your trap do a 360??...thinking the zz top's elimanator album9?),,....funny, in my early 20's i played qtar in bands on the road for about 5 years and ZZ top has been one of my mainstays!!.....yes, you and your buddy could be a billy gibbons--or is it the other guy??.....larry
    I'm gonna have to work on that one?? i'll get Alasgun to make me up a bearing & shaft for the pot to plug on to and run a rope drive belt over to the Electra Dyne pot hauler to spin it?? Now if i could only get a bunch of hot wimmin' with big bait jugs in the booth to draw the guys in??

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

How about some hot women dressed up in shrimp costumes.... kind of like the seal gallery crab leg guys, only women and shrimp.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson