Thread: skirting a Frighter ?

Default skirting a Frighter ?

Have a 19' Frighter with lift and 9.9 HP a plan on putting a skirt on it ?

Any suggestions or pictures would be helpFul on the skirt?

Jeff in NP
    Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by alaska bush man View Post
    Have a 19' Frighter with lift and 9.9 HP a plan on putting a skirt on it ?

Any suggestions or pictures would be helpFul on the skirt?

Jeff in NP
    Make an accurate template of your Grumman out of anything (tarp, clear poly, ect). Send me the template and I'll make one for you out of raft material. After receiving the template, we'll discuss prices and options. You tell me what color, and if you are going to need it to be a dog sled-style, three piece, and if you need a rear section left open for standing-naviagation. I suggest a dog sled style that's versatile enough for different sized loads. It's also a style that can be easily cinched down with compression straps.

I have a efficient skirt on my 19'er. I have lost the pictures I took of it when my hard drive died several years ago. But, through the search function, I found the pic I posted back on 11-06-06. Check entry #38 on the following thread.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...tor-size/page2

The picture is of my !9'er on my truck rack, lift fully extended. The pic has been rotated to show it upright. Don't get complicated. No need. (That is, unless you're talking about a kyak type skirt, for some reason.) My skirt is intended to prevent water from coming over the sides at the rear as the canoe squats low in the water under power, and/or in rough water.

Mainer ... Are you referring to what could be called a load cover for an open canoe?

Alaska Bush Man ... I'm in Two Rivers if you'd like to see it. It's pretty skookum.

No load cover just a rear cover where the motor/lift is to keep the water out
    Alaska