Thread: Has Anyone Ever Kayaked the Mouth of the Kasilof ?

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Default Has Anyone Ever Kayaked the Mouth of the Kasilof ?

I can't remember ever seeing any posts on this subject.I know there has been talk of a new launch/takeout near the mouth of the Kasilof.This might have been touched on in the dip-net thread,but haven't seen anything recently.Any one have any news ?
    I used to fish tide waters of Grays Harbor in my 14' kayak.Troll upriver on an incoming tide....troll downriver on the out going tide.I've tried going against the tide and that gets to be a lot of work,much more user-friendly the other way.Tie on your favorite diving plug,toss out about 50' of line,plant your pole in your crotch,and start backtrolling.It's an awesome way to catch salmon if you've never tried it.It's pretty cool if you do it all the time too.My personal best was a 36 lb King down on the lower Wishkah River.
    Thinking of giving it a shot next month and in May when the water is skinney down on the Kasilof.Might try the lower Kenai as well.No high fuel costs,no busted props,and nice and quiet at least til you hook up...yeeeeha
    I have kayaked the Swanson River from the K Spur Hwy bridge down to the mouth when the silvers are in and kicked serious butt.But there's a long pack out when you get to the salt back up to Capt. Cook Park.My yak only weighs 47 lbs ,so it wasn't too bad just not something I'd want to do every day.One of the best aspects of fishing this way is that I rarely see any other people on the water.And that's getting harder and harder to do....................

Got pictures of a guy last year dipping from a kayak, at the mouth of the Kasilof. Too funny.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

But did they catch any fish ? Post the pics.........

If I was not so stupid on this box they call a computer, I would post em. Back Country Rob even tried out the guys kayak and I got pictures of him doing it too.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?