Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: What is a Premium or a Supporting Member?

  1. #1
    Member Cap'n Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Idaho/Valdez
    Posts
    980

    Default What is a Premium or a Supporting Member?

    I did a search of FAQ's, found nothing on this topic, I know it must be somewhere, but I've wondered for years what a Premium Member or a Supporting Member of AOD is, how and why one would/should become one.

    Please, let's keep the cynicism down, and let a moderator or forum owner answer this one

  2. #2
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,395

    Default

    Hmmm...the link explaining the varying levels of membership used to be right at the top, but I'm not seeing it right now. I'll look into that and see if I can't find the official explanation for you.

    Basically, the supporting and premium memberships are a way for folks to make a financial contribution to the site. In return supporting and premium members get some added features such as increased PM storage, the ability to close their own threads, and increased file storage space. Again, though, I'll get the specific details to you as soon as I find them.

  3. #3
    Member Albradley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fairbanks,Alaska
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Ahh I finally understand now
    There's a fine line between fishing....

    and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

  4. #4
    Member spoiled one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,230

    Default

    Ron, you and I are just free loaders!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

  5. #5

    Default

    Don't forget that you get the ability to ban people with a premium membership.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Hmmm...the link explaining the varying levels of membership used to be right at the top, but I'm not seeing it right now. I'll look into that and see if I can't find the official explanation for you.

    Basically, the supporting and premium memberships are a way for folks to make a financial contribution to the site. In return supporting and premium members get some added features such as increased PM storage, the ability to close their own threads, and increased file storage space. Again, though, I'll get the specific details to you as soon as I find them.

  6. #6
    Member Albradley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fairbanks,Alaska
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Is it expensive to become one?
    There's a fine line between fishing....

    and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

  7. #7
    Member Cap'n Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Idaho/Valdez
    Posts
    980

    Default Yeah but...

    Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Ron, you and I are just free loaders!
    Yep, and we are WORTH what we pay for it

  8. #8
    Member spoiled one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Ron View Post
    Yep, and we are WORTH what we pay for it
    Well played!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

  9. #9
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Ron, you and I are just free loaders!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Ron View Post
    Yep, and we are WORTH what we pay for it
    Quote Originally Posted by 270ti View Post
    Don't forget that you get the ability to ban people with a premium membership.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albradley View Post
    Ahh I finally understand now
    Hey you guys are premium members in my book. You're celebrities around here and should be compensated for every post IMO





    I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

  10. #10
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,395

    Default

    Alright, here are the details:

    http://outdoorsdirectory.com/aboutus/members

  11. #11
    Member Albradley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fairbanks,Alaska
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    Hey you guys are premium members in my book. You're celebrities around here and should be compensated for every post IMO
    Thank you FullBush rhat means alot to me.
    There's a fine line between fishing....

    and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •