Thread: Flyfishing article in our online mag, "Alaska Fishing"

Default Flyfishing article in our online mag, "Alaska Fishing"

Check it out! A great article on fly-fishing by Rich Johnson. READ IT HERE

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

That is one heckuva article, very informative and interesting. I was surprised he didn't mention patterns and techniques for chums and pinks. IMO, 2 of the wiliest fish pound for pound on the planet. Most fly fishermen don't eat their catch, yet they overlook chums and pinks, anyways not relavant overall because I did enjoy the article... Hey I keep seeing this "Mossys Flyshop" all over this forum. Apparently I need to pay them a visit, I'm a 3-Rivers and Sportsmans Warehouse guy but this Mossys has me curious. WHere is Mossys, is it in Anchorage?

<edit> Michael I think you should let me be your commercial fishing correspondant in Alaska fishing magazine. You would have the exclusive right to my unbiased editorials and last but not least the "fullbush" label! We'll discuss terms via PM (when you pm me could you title it accordingly because I get squeamish when I see a PM from you in my inbox its usually not good)

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Mossys is at the corner of dimond and Arctic...In the strip mall behind village in....Closed sundays......I love stopping in and BS'ing with mike...

Great read....Really enjoyed it.....
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    Apparently I need to pay them a visit, I'm a 3-Rivers and Sportsmans Warehouse guy but this Mossys has me curious. WHere is Mossys, is it in Anchorage?
    I thought you didn't like fly shops because you dont like people who turn a hobby into a business?

Quote Originally Posted by AKGrayling View Post
    I thought you didn't like fly shops because you dont like people who turn a hobby into a business?
    Look I've expounded a whole lot of rubbish from these lips but I don't ever recall saying I didn't like peeps turning a hobby into a business?!. I have said I'm a Walmart/Sportsman type-o-guy, but to the contrare on the flyshops, I spend a fortune w/ Mike at 3-rivers. I defo won't endorse some online flyshop or Gaybellas though. I do wanna go to Mossys cause they're local Now quit using the thread Mike made to pimp his magazine, for your agenda!

I'm taking a poll

Look I've expounded a whole lot of rubbish from these lips but I don't ever recall saying I didn't like peeps turning a hobby into a business?!. I have said I'm a Walmart/Sportsman type-o-guy, but to the contrare on the flyshops, I spend a fortune w/ Mike at 3-rivers. I defo won't endorse some online flyshop or Gaybellas though. I do wanna go to Mossys cause they're local Now quit using the thread Mike made to pimp his magazine, for your agenda!
    Mossy's is the best and Mike is a great guy.
    Here is the post where you said you dont like fly shops,
    I roll w/ Ross. I know they're spendy but hey nothing but the best for me. Oh and Sportsmans Warehouse carrys them so I don't have to deal w/ specialty flyshops. I can't stand guys that try and turn their hobby into a job

And a link to where you the thread you posted it on: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...Reel-Questions

not much you can say to that FB.........but Mike is a great guy and has a nice shop too. Make sure you bring your coffee cup. And IMO your money would be better spent there then say Sportsmans, it's a 3 rivers kinda place.

Quote Originally Posted by AKGrayling View Post
    Mossy's is the best and Mike is a great guy.
    Here is the post where you said you dont like fly shops,
    I roll w/ Ross. I know they're spendy but hey nothing but the best for me. Oh and Sportsmans Warehouse carrys them so I don't have to deal w/ specialty flyshops. I can't stand guys that try and turn their hobby into a job

And a link to where you the thread you posted it on: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...Reel-Questions
    Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    not much you can say to that FB.........but Mike is a great guy and has a nice shop too. Make sure you bring your coffee cup. And IMO your money would be better spent there then say Sportsmans, it's a 3 rivers kinda place.
    I've once again had my ass served up on a platter

Can I at least get credit for denying such ugliness? Geez

Let this serve as a perfectly good example of why we should be able to remove a persons rep points (not mine of course)

I'm taking a poll

Let this serve as a perfectly good example of why we should be able to remove a persons rep points (not mine of course)

Well said.....Now go see Mike at Mossy's LOL
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Yeah, you probably don't remember me (you guys were without your sea legs that day) but we met on Eshamy creek. How did all those little cutthroats taste?