Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did I do wrong ???

Default What did I do wrong ???

Since my last post was removed can you please tell me what I did wrong ?

Can I not ask for member to send pictures Kenai Keepers in use, to my email ??

Can I not offer to say Hi to any members that are willing to stop at my both at the Sportsman Show??

Did I not say Please loud enough ??
    Thank You Del
    Owner of Kenai Keeper www.kenaikeeper.com

Yea, it was pulled. I would e-mail management and ask why. I would think you should be sent an e-mail if they are going to pull it, JMO
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Quote Originally Posted by fnsakdel View Post
    Since my last post was removed can you please tell me what I did wrong ?

Can I not ask for member to send pictures Kenai Keepers in use, to my email ??

Can I not offer to say Hi to any members that are willing to stop at my both at the Sportsman Show??

Did I not say Please loud enough ??
    Thank You Del
    Maybe they have evidence to believe that you are some sort of barbaric fighter with a new style of easily concealable cable-actuated weapon, who knows what outlandish explanation they'll give ya

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    Maybe they have evidence to believe that you are some sort of barbaric fighter with a new style of easily concealable cable-actuated weapon, who knows what outlandish explanation they'll give ya
    " concealable cable-actuated weapon " Wow I should have thought of that I will have to work on one
    LOL Thanks Del

Default check your ink

I think you must have typed using that online disappearing ink. It's an easy mistake to make and happens most everyday to someone (or two, or three....) here.

My post took a great deal of time before the "online disappearing ink" became effective (or maybe I'm just a slow typer and the disappearance is a reflection of my typing speed (; .

All,
    We do the best as moderators so that we can to both allow for free information exchange AND to be fair to our forum advertisers who pay for the opportunity to advertise their products through this site. It is certainly not fair to those who put up money in support of the AOD if we allow overt advertisements by non paying entities. There is a business under all of this "free" formatting and it is in all of our best interest that it be profitable so that we can continue to have unencumbered access to this information. The forum advertisers are the ones picking up the bill for the rest of us. I strongly recommend that any business owners looking to reach a huge audience of Alaskan sportsmen and potential customers to contact Mike Strahan, or Pam (Icebear) here on the forum and consider becoming a forum sponsor or advertiser.

I wish those of you w/ disappearing ink would rub some on yourselves... Heres a whole thread advertising this ridiculous product the owner of this site even brags em up---http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/59339-Kenai-Keepers-for-Sale!

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    I wish those of you w/ disappearing ink would rub some on yourselves... Heres a whole thread advertising this ridiculous product the owner of this site even brags em up---http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/59339-Kenai-Keepers-for-Sale!
    That was some timeago and under a previous owner of the product. Should ADN continue to run an ad for for ford beyond the paid advertisement period? My guess is NO, that said if you pick up an archived copy of the paper it will certainly still be there.

You're right LuJon this guy is getting way to much free ad space. Maybe if some of the out spoken dippers of the Kenai would quit advertising their fishing hole a person wouldn't need some outlandish stringer so they don't "lose their spot" come to think of it is does the SCDA pay for all the advertising they do?

I'm taking a poll

Well fullbush we are all entitled to our opinion. If you donít care to buy my product then I would suggest you donít buy one, But coming from a supporter of commercial fishing I will take it as a compliment that you donít care for it. The fact that this very site has sold them in the past speaks for it self. As far as using the forum with what can only be viewed as free advertising with the use of the signature line at the bottom of postís I see you have no problem taking advantage of it. And considering the amount of posts you do I would ask who is taking advantage of it. And if the forum wishes to do away with the practice we can go through the list and my guess is we can find more than a few hundred that do the same.

Fullbush = Total Posts 1,928 Posts Per Day 4.73
    fnsakdel = Total Posts 116 Posts Per Day 0.13 ( and less than 20 of these are since I bought Kenai Keepers)

Thank Del

LuJon I will get to you in a min

LuJon I have spoke to both Mike Strahan and (emailed) Pam about advertising. But as a new owner of a local business in this economy. I am taking things a bit slow and will know were I stand after the Sportsman show, and Mike even agreed that it is the wise thing to do. My orig post was just asking if any members here might have picture of keeper's in use that they might be willing to share with me since I bought the company in November and have not had a chance to get any of my own. And the post was deleted and I was asking why. I did not mean any disrespect I just didn't understand why it was deleted. (still don't all I got was a note commercial Infraction but no explanation of what part or if all of it was a infraction) Thanks Del

Default Rediculous Product?

So as to avoid an accusation of soliciting free advertising I am replacing the name of my invention with your moniker of, "rediculous product".

I'll have you know that I've received a lot of kudos for inventing the "rediculous product". Its functional and has more than one application; how many other tools/accessories have you invented that hold that same accolade? I thought not. Why doesn't any of that disappearing ink ever effect your drivel? Hmmmm.... I wonder.

And as a side note - Mr. Strahan SOUGHT ME OUT to sell the "rediculous product" on this website due to its popularity and demand. I regret selling the business, I was in limbo of possibly moving out of state and wanted the "rediculous product" to stay here and flourish.

Good luck, Del; I'll be happy to help you sell the "rediculous product" whenever you would like the help, see you at the Sportsman Show this weekend.

Disclaimer:
    (I am not affiliated in any fashion with the Great Alaska Sportsman Show, the mention of the event is in no way intended to promote, sell or advertise its occurrence for personal gain of any type.)
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

Hey FB, I'm on the run but just had to take a minute to reply to your last. Why would the SCADA pay anything. We are not out for profit. We are out for keeping fish in our freezers, access and education. With the funds that are donated, they go to programs we have in place for our members. They do I have to admit pay for my gas when I testify in front of government committee's. But... with the hundred of hours I spend working on SCADA issues, I'm losing out in the long run. Does the term Non-Profit mean anything to you? It means I'm doing a public service, maybe not for your public but for a lot of other people.
    Commercial fishing is a noble profession. When you talk about the PWS hatcheries, do you have to "pay" to talk them up? Nope, cause they too are non profit, I believe. You have a seat at their table and profit personally, but no one is asking why you don't pay, eh?
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Did not know the signature block was so important. If I rent mine out is it like the swap and sell, I just give a percentage to AOD.

The last post was just a joke btw, I am way too lazy to do a signature block

Quote Originally Posted by fnsakdel View Post
    Well fullbush we are all entitled to our opinion. If you donít care to buy my product then I would suggest you donít buy one, But coming from a supporter of commercial fishing I will take it as a compliment that you donít care for it. The fact that this very site has sold them in the past speaks for it self. As far as using the forum with what can only be viewed as free advertising with the use of the signature line at the bottom of postís I see you have no problem taking advantage of it. And considering the amount of posts you do I would ask who is taking advantage of it. And if the forum wishes to do away with the practice we can go through the list and my guess is we can find more than a few hundred that do the same.

Fullbush = Total Posts 1,928 Posts Per Day 4.73
    fnsakdel = Total Posts 116 Posts Per Day 0.13 ( and less than 20 of these are since I bought Kenai Keepers)

Thank Del

LuJon I will get to you in a min
    Quote Originally Posted by Back Country Robb View Post
    So as to avoid an accusation of soliciting free advertising I am replacing the name of my invention with your moniker of, "rediculous product".

I'll have you know that I've received a lot of kudos for inventing the "rediculous product". Its functional and has more than one application; how many other tools/accessories have you invented that hold that same accolade? I thought not. Why doesn't any of that disappearing ink ever effect your drivel? Hmmmm.... I wonder.

And as a side note - Mr. Strahan SOUGHT ME OUT to sell the "rediculous product" on this website due to its popularity and demand. I regret selling the business, I was in limbo of possibly moving out of state and wanted the "rediculous product" to stay here and flourish.

Good luck, Del; I'll be happy to help you sell the "rediculous product" whenever you would like the help, see you at the Sportsman Show this weekend.

Disclaimer:
    (I am not affiliated in any fashion with the Great Alaska Sportsman Show, the mention of the event is in no way intended to promote, sell or advertise its occurrence for personal gain of any type.)
    Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Hey FB, I'm on the run but just had to take a minute to reply to your last. Why would the SCADA pay anything. We are not out for profit. We are out for keeping fish in our freezers, access and education. With the funds that are donated, they go to programs we have in place for our members. They do I have to admit pay for my gas when I testify in front of government committee's. But... with the hundred of hours I spend working on SCADA issues, I'm losing out in the long run. Does the term Non-Profit mean anything to you? It means I'm doing a public service, maybe not for your public but for a lot of other people.
    Commercial fishing is a noble profession. When you talk about the PWS hatcheries, do you have to "pay" to talk them up? Nope, cause they too are non profit, I believe. You have a seat at their table and profit personally, but no one is asking why you don't pay, eh?

I have been served by the best. I'll admit it....

I'm taking a poll

Default operation of "rediculous product"

Quote Originally Posted by Back Country Robb View Post

I'll have you know that I've received a lot of kudos for inventing the "rediculous product". Its functional
    I'll admit to not having used one before. I've been leery of bonking in water vs. on land. Before I get a thread-drift infraction, maybe I should head over to the dipnet forum and ask that question, of course generically when using any stringer device without leaving the water after ever fish.

I'm betting at least 2 people that have posted to this thread know the answer.

Default Too funny

Rep points on the way, FB. If I can

Not being a dipper nor a commercial anything. I have no dog in this fight but I will applaude the efforts of the management team to "keep er clean" around here.
    However, you don't have to look very far to find folks right on the edge, guy's with business's who can and do manipulate pretty much every post they make to their advantage!
    Now, moving on, as a social predator I'd like to add that I appreciate the entertainment factor everytime someone gets called on the carpet for trying to pull a fast one!
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast