Thread: So you found some fresh powder!?

Default So you found some fresh powder!?

So you found 4-6 inches of fresh powder that fell on Friday and the three of you went to rip it up!? I bet you couldn't believe no-one else had been out on the trail or playing on any of the lakes. Well thatís because you were on Resurrection pass you IDIOT!

Thanks for trashing the resurrection pass trail and making the ski out on Sunday hell because your tracks iced up! Backcountry skiers love to constantly dodge the chopped up crap in the center line and the frozen ditches left by your skis. I am both a skier and a snowmachiner. As a skier, I was frustrated as your poor decisions which made the trail extremely unsafe (two in our party were injured), as a snowmachiner Iím incredibly embarrassed by your lack of stewardship to the community. Itís blatant disregard for the regulations like this that spreads a poor public opinion of the snowmachining community. Itís not like you were riding ďout of boundsĒ where almost no one would find you. You chose a heavily trafficked trail on a beautiful Saturday. I can only hope that the group of mothers (with a kid in a cargo sled) that we passed on our way in had gotten off the trail before you came plowing back through. Your lack of respect for regulations or rules is a great value to teach to the little guy bringing up the rear on the RMK. I look forward to the great societal impacts another rule breaking juvenile will add throughout his lifetime.

Just venting here as I donít expect a response at all from the guilty parties for two reasons. Either no one in the party is capable of reading thus they did not know the rules or they can read and donít care that they violate the rules and thus wouldnít mind being ridiculed about it either.

So you found my nice 'marked' groomed 'private trail' that I worked my butt off to put in!? I bet you couldn't believe no-one else had been out sking on the trail or playing on any of the lakes. Well thatís because you were on MY PRIVATE TRAIL you IDIOT!

Thanks for leaving your candy wrappers and empty water bottle on the trail! Backcountry cabin owners love to constantly dodge the garbage you leave behind. I am both a snowmachiner and a snowmachiner. As a snowmachiner, I was frustrated as your poor decisions which made the trail extremely unsafe (lodged water bottle in track, scary), as a snowmachiner Iím incredibly embarrassed by your lack of stewardship to the community. Itís blatant disregard for the common sence and respect like this that spreads a poor public opinion of the skier's community. Itís not like you were sking ďout of boundsĒ where almost no one would find you. You chose a heavily trafficked private trail on a beautiful Saturday. I can only hope that you don't litter everywhere you go, and let your dog crap on the trails that someone else has worked hard to put in. Your lack of respect for regulations or rules is a great value to teach to the little guy bringing up the rear on his new ski's. I look forward to the great societal impacts another rule breaking juvenile will add throughout his lifetime.

Just venting here as I donít expect a response at all from the guilty parties for two reasons. Either no one in the party is capable of reading thus they did not know the rules or they can read and donít care that they violate the rules and thus wouldnít mind being ridiculed about it either.

I would like to add, Thanks for PISSING off my porch while you enjoyed your view of the mountains. I truley enjoyed seeing the yellow snow.

I guess there is one in every bunch, eh!?

This is the same type of clowns that are constantly running over and breaking up trail markers out on the Su and Yentna . They have no respect for their fellow riders. They live like a bunch of pigs at home and bring that same condition to the trails. Mabey karma will catch them on the back side of the hill someday.

AKDSLDOG, sorry to hear that you have had bad interactions with other people who choose to ski on your property. I'd think of all people you'd understand why it's important to obey postings and rules.

It's pritty sad though that you (and unfortunetly many parts of our society) adopt the "Someone completely different broke the rules so its ok for me to break the rules" logic. This is one of the growing problems with people these days, too much lazyness and lack of moral character.

Quote Originally Posted by crr001 View Post
    AKDSLDOG, sorry to hear that you have had bad interactions with other people who choose to ski on your property. I'd think of all people you'd understand why it's important to obey postings and rules.

It's pritty sad though that you (and unfortunetly many parts of our society) adopt the "Someone completely different broke the rules so its ok for me to break the rules" logic. This is one of the growing problems with people these days, too much lazyness and lack of moral character.
    And what "rule" did I break? I wasn't the one riding the res pass trail. (although you seem to be assuming it was I), you know what happens when you "assume?" I makes an ass/u/me.

I have morals, sir. I also respect others property, as well as respect "logical rules" while out and about in the woods enjoying whatever type of transportation I choose for that given trip. My reply was simply just a reminder to not only you, but everyone that, it's just NOT the snowmachiners out there ruining it for everyone, but really everyone is ruining it for all! It doesn't matter if you ride, walk, ski, jog, camp, hunt, fish or hike, we ALL are our worst enemy!

My back yard is in the park, there are rules for when you can ride and when you can just ride a bike or hike. Not only do I follow those rules, I find much more trash on the trail during non-riding times, sad. Yes, I stop and clean the trash up, sucks because that's 'my time' to enjoy the area, and spending "my time" of enjoyment is NOT policing after some *********! But yet I do.

So, while most every user group is at fault, why is the finger allways pointed in the chest of snomachiners? I get real tired of it.

Perhaps you shall reread my post to get the gist of it.

This type of thing is what continues to get areas closed to motorized access. All I can suggest is when/if you DO see someone breaking the rules, say something. In some cases, they might be genuinely unaware (such as came in off an unmarked area) and in some cases peer pressure might make them behave.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

I always got the gist of your first post AKDSLDOG, and I am aware that there are bad apples in every bunch
    With my first post I wasn't trying to say its just us snowmachiners that are out there breaking the rules, I was just trying to promote awareness within the community in an attempt to curb the behavior (either awareness, shame or guilt). It was frustrating to see my attempt to promote awareness to the general snowmachining population be turned into a flame fest of another group as I think some users of this forum will miss the underlying message of your post and think their actions are warranted.
    Again, Iím sorry to hear about the bad actions around your property. I donít even live on the edge of the parks and it frustrates me too when see them get trashed. Few things piss me off like skiing 5 or 6 miles back out a trail carrying a backpack full of wrappers with a bag of dog sh#t tied to the outside of it to watch some ďenvironmentally consciousĒ person in the lot let their dog crap right at the beginning of the trail head next to the cliff bar wrapper they drop on the ground.