Thread: Which Radar to Buy

Default Which Radar to Buy

I am looking at replacing the radar on my boat this spring as the old Faruno I have is not working and it is like 15+ years old. I am looking for something that I can just turn on and have it work. I'm not into the fine tuning for a decentpicture. Anyone got suggestions? This is for a 28' Bayliner.

Hey I have the garmin 740s. Its everything its hyped up to be and more. You can get the whole ball of wax for about 2500.00 minus the transducer. I know you're just looking for a radar, but once you've used the bathometric chart or the "fisheye" view of the bottom you'll be convinced. Mark my words its the real deal IMO
    http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...&ci_sku=477346

(not advocating west marine but its just an example)

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

For under $1350 you could get a single purpose radar like the Furuno 1623 LCD Radar System.

http://www.thegpsstore.com/Furuno-16...adar-P125.aspx

This is the radar I am considering installing on my boat, much like the kicker I have hanging off the stern it wouldn’t get much use, but nice to have when you need it.

If I lived down in the Pacific Northwest I’d defiantly have broad band radar for its clarity and instant on ability, but for the rare occasions I would need radar out in PWS in the summer it just doesn’t make economical sense.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.