Thread: Video Report:Kenai River March 2011

Default Video Report:Kenai River March 2011

Hit the Kenai this past weekend with some fellow forum members. Weather couldn't have been any better, which resulted in a few hookups on the fly rods. Definitely the most people I've seen on the river in the past couple of months, the long bright days and 40 degree temperatures have people coming out of hibernation. Enjoy!

Fish On!

http://www.trophy-clips.com/view_vid...e=&category=mr
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Sweet Video!

Sweet! Even tho i was defeated i still had a blast, great camera work if i say so my self. lets do it again this weekend............master!
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Way cool underwater shots.And nice fish too.......

great video! view from the bridge is a good idea!
    This land is your land, this land is my land

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    ... people coming out of hibernation. Enjoy!
    Just wait til next weekend: 91 views and counting...
    Looks like fun! Great job on the clip, bigcox. Thanks for posting this!

Another fun trip on the Kenai. Definately couldn't ask for better weather. What great camera work....

great video! if you dont mind sharing what camera where you using for the underwater shots?

Great video! The weather was awesome and it was good seeing ya'll down there. I may have learned a trick or two from ya.
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

Quote Originally Posted by monk2015 View Post
    great video! if you dont mind sharing what camera where you using for the underwater shots?
    It's a point and shoot Olympus 1030SW.

Quote Originally Posted by ADUKHNT View Post
    Great video! The weather was awesome and it was good seeing ya'll down there. I may have learned a trick or two from ya.
    Right on, it's always cool to meet other forum members. Weather was awesome!

Fish On!

great video! Now I am envious...haha Do they have to call you "Master" every time you cross the bridge. I am still ice fishing..boohoo
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    great video! Now I am envious...haha Do they have to call you "Master" every time you cross the bridge. I am still ice fishing..boohoo
    Come to think of it... he Just might have to call me "master guide" lmao for pointing out the rising fish and using my flies. definitely layer the smack down
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

great vid,
    i got to get out there and go fishing before it closes for the spring spawn.
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

Great Vid! You definitely had more luck or skill this weekend than me. went out on Saturday and only hooked up one 1 bow about 18" on the two hander. fished from below the bride down to princess, then walked the ferry down to the guard rail hole... water really shallow and slow, hard to get a good swing. anyhow there was a big dead moose in the river below the ferry. just an ear sticking out of the water. thought that was kinda strange. Anyway great video you guys, way to show us mopes how fish. Even though yall are fishn indicators, i still got respect

Quote Originally Posted by aksnowfish View Post
    Great Vid! You definitely had more luck or skill this weekend than me. went out on Saturday and only hooked up one 1 bow about 18" on the two hander. fished from below the bride down to princess, then walked the ferry down to the guard rail hole... water really shallow and slow, hard to get a good swing. anyhow there was a big dead moose in the river below the ferry. just an ear sticking out of the water. thought that was kinda strange. Anyway great video you guys, way to show us mopes how fish. Even though yall are fishn indicators, i still got respect
    haha..LMAO! Yeah those dammn indicators are a pain the @ss! I must say it brings a form of entertainment when the fishing is as slow as it is. When I'm not using one, I find myself staring at the person that is using one. Definitely not needed in the summer time!

We must have seen you at the guardrail hole. We were across the river from the roadside, I think you and another guy walked down from the ferry. Looked pretty brutal casting that two hander in that narrow water...seeya on the water.

Fish On!

man havn't been able to go out since my rod snapped back in december but i sure can't wait to go out again. great video! one of these times i've got to meet you guys down there. hopefully my casting technique is good enough not to get you guys though haha.

Lol. I use indicators sometimes, i was just giving you a hard time because you out fish me. That was probably us down there. Though i saw a couple other guys, one carrying a two hander around noon. anyway great videos. im sure ill see you down on the river.

aksnowfish

Dang! I knew I should have put a bead head on....
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

Quote Originally Posted by ADUKHNT View Post
    Dang! I knew I should have put a bead head on....
    I tried bead heads and got Nada!