Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is snowchecking what!?

Default Who is snowchecking what!?

Well, the 02' 700 RMK that I bought for this year did SOSO! When it ran great, it was unstopable, when it ran like crap, it ruined the trip and this was about a 50/50 deal. I can't stand it, had enough! Headed down to snow check the........

2012 800 RMK Pro Retro in the 163"!

Now let the drooling begin for the next 9 months.

Had the pleasure of riding a 10' Dragon in the 155", all I can say is, WOW! That was sweet, made my mind up right then and there for the 800 pro!

So, whatchya all gonna order?

Talking freeride and expedition se

Broke the bank a week ago and ordered a freeride 146 800 e-tec and an expedition se 600 e-tec. Hopefully these are as good as they say they are. Looking forward to the adjustable air suspension in the expedition and of course the play sled.

I'm snow checking about 5 feet of powder, so we can get our moneys worth next winter!

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmultramag View Post
    Broke the bank a week ago and ordered a freeride 146 800 e-tec and an expedition se 600 e-tec. Hopefully these are as good as they say they are. Looking forward to the adjustable air suspension in the expedition and of course the play sled.
    You sir have impecable taste and deeeeeeep pockets!

I'll be working like hell to get a used sled. Really like the 06 summit, guns birth year, the REV chasi had all the bugs worked out and I love the look of them. I'll be ridding either a post Rev summit or if my hand turned wood bowls pens and other products dont sell a late 90's early 2000's summit.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Dog keep me in mind next winter. That's if you can keep up with me and my 4 stroke

i'm not into snowcheckin' never wanna be the first to try out something new...might not be any good.
    i'd rather go last years model that never sold, get a screaming deal and a sled that has all the kinks worked out..
    course my '11 M8 153" snopro is gonna be hard to beat.....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    Dog keep me in mind next winter. That's if you can keep up with me and my 4 stroke
    I'm hereing voices, again. Sounded like someone said "4 stroke?" hmmmmmmmmm, I must be hearing things, everyone know's a 'real' snogo is powered by a '2 stroke!' ...... Well if I'm droppin' 11k down on a new ride, you can bet your ass I'll be out ridin' it!

You still have that airboat?

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    i'm not into snowcheckin' never wanna be the first to try out something new...might not be any good.
    i'd rather go last years model that never sold, get a screaming deal and a sled that has all the kinks worked out..
    course my '11 M8 153" snopro is gonna be hard to beat.....
    From the intel I've gotten on the 2011's, been a solid machine. No major complaint's reported. I would put it up against that M8 any day, that is, if you ever got it running right! ........ What did you find/fix on that? And how is it runnin now? Good I hope, sucks to spend that kind of dough and just keep taking it in to the shop for that "gremlin" problem.

Wasilla, behind 3 Bears on the Palmer Wasilla Hwy

Too bad about the 700 rmk. The 02 600 136" I have has been bulletproof so far. Only had to rebuild the front ball joints and steering assembly and put on new shocks and skies and its getting close to 6500 miles on orginal engine and track. I only use it for a loaner now and have kept it because it does run good and its not really worth anything if I were to try and sell it.

I would like to snowcheck one of the new pro-rmk 600's with the 155, that's looks like one sweet ride. Let's see, if I sold both my 600 and my 05 700 I would have enough for a good downpayment, maybe.

my M8's been fine, just my spindles were locking up i the cold, the engine is unreal haven't had any issues whatso ever. my 02 highmark 800 was the problem and my 800 vert RMK was the one we could never get fixed. but my '11 M8 has been unreal!!

It only went to the shop for the spindles...must be thinkin' of one of the other sleds i had. i've got just shy of 1900 miles my M8 now (bought it in january) and should throw another 700 on in april for spring bear....hasn't skipped a beat.
    sat on the RMK's and then sat on the M8....looked at the wife, looked at the price tag, looked back at the wife with tears in my eyes and said "don't make me ride that RMK please...i wanna be happy". it worked.
    Master guide 212

I rode a 162 M8 mostly this year. I think I would rather have the 153 on most days. I spanked the kid with me that had the equivelent tracked etec on hill climbs(he didn't have much climbing experience and I never traded with him). Etecs seem to be a little better on gas. The Polaris was a success this year. Watch the primary clutch on those M8's and make sure the valve cables are on top of the belt guard so they hopefully don't get torn off when a belt blows.

i like the 153, my brother has the 162 and watchin' him make corners on the trails is kinda fun. we haven't switched machine yet either, but i see the 153 as kinda a do all size, it rips on the trails with no problem and floats around in the powder great and tears up the mtns when i'm in the mood. boondocks thru the timber great to, you can lay that thing over and ride a line with one ski in the air all day long, just amazing.
    I had the clutch and fluids all gone over and changed at 1700 miles, everythings great fluids all still clean and chipper. She'll get a check up each winter to make sure we're all still good to go. i have the 4 year warranty on my sled too..figured if i'm gonna put 2000+ miles on each year...couldn't hurt.
    I did drive a 600 etec last spring for several hundred miles, rode nice, got great gas mileage and was a nice sled, just underpowered. and slightly better then the 600 etec i seized up a few days earlier...chassi is a nice ride though. price tags are scary!!
    The one thing about the AC that i liked so much was that it felt like it was built more solid, tougher. i've rolled it a couple times and no broken windshield or anything, its a tough machine. client layed over my 550F tundra and hit a little spruce...660 dollars worth to fix all the plastic parts under the windshield....cold weather and plastic snowmachines....
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    I'm hereing voices, again. Sounded like someone said "4 stroke?" hmmmmmmmmm, I must be hearing things, everyone know's a 'real' snogo is powered by a '2 stroke!' ...... Well if I'm droppin' 11k down on a new ride, you can bet your ass I'll be out ridin' it!

You still have that airboat?
    I'll remember that when you need a hand pulling out a stuck and trenched Polaris on a groomed trail.

Airboat be SOLD.

catch me if you can Doggy boy!

------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

I couldn't swing a snowcheck sled so went with a new to me sled. Picked up a 2006 Summit 800x 144 two weeks ago now I am praying for a little more snow before the season is up! Good choice in sleds Rick P it rocks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    2012 800 RMK Pro Retro in the 163"!

So, whatchya all gonna order?
    I'm in the running for a promotion. The results should be out before snowcheck expires. If we get the contract....I'm getting the same sled.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Have a friend snowchecking a Pro RMK 800 155" and another who is snowchecking a Pro RMK 800 155" and a Switchback Assault 800. If I had a few less expected expenses this summer, I would be snowchecking an Arctic Cat FX800 Sno Pro High Country.

do people still buy short track sleds?
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    do people still buy short track sleds?
    Do they even make short track sleds?

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Do they even make short track sleds?
    From what I have seen on cragislist folks are sure trying to sell em!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast