Thread: ruger lc9

Default ruger lc9

someone is always looking for a small, concealable, yet powerful handgun. ruger has released the lc9, full house 9mm, which is only a bit bigger than their popular .380. as a manstopper it is still a ways behind the .45colt, but with the right ammunition it makes major caliber.

generally, these type of weapons are carried a lot and shot seldom, but this little auto is controlable and accurate!

check out gunblast website and see for yourself.Gunblastdotcom |
    happy trails.
    jh

They did a great job of making it look small in ads, its much bigger and heavier than the lcp. they need to make a 9mm the same size as the lcp then i will buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin476 View Post
    They did a great job of making it look small in ads, its much bigger and heavier than the lcp. they need to make a 9mm the same size as the lcp then i will buy it.
    I agree with you Kevin. The pictures are deceiving. I have a Ruger LCP and compared it to theRuger LC9 9mm. Lots of difference. If I was going to change from a LCP pocket pistol, I would go back to the Glock 27 I used before buying the 380. There is not much size difference between the new Ruger 9mm and the Glock models 26/27. Plus with the 40 caliber you get a lot more punch.
    NRA Life Member since 1974

They ruined it by putting a thumb safety on it. I was waiting to check out the LC9, but I'm going to go ahead with the Kel-Tec PF9. I do also have a LCP and will be keeping it as well.

I'll keep my G26, thank you very much. If I buy a true pocket-gun it will be the Kahr PM9/PM40, the LC9 is a little too big for my pockets.

-J

I have little use for a gun that's too big to put in my pocket, yet too small to get a full grip on.