Thread: Washington-Canada border crossings

Smile Washington-Canada border crossings

I'm making a trip to Oregon and back the first part of May. I've heard not all of the border crossings are open 24 hours. Can someone tell me which ones are, or direct me to a link that tells what hours each crossing is open?
    Thanks

Try this link. They list all the crossings on the left of the page. Don't forget your passport. You need that now.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rder_crossings
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Abbotsford crossing is open 24 hours that's the one I use but double check they may have changed the schedule.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

have you checked with the U.S Embassy http://www.consular.canada.usembassy...nto_canada.asp they may be able to help I am still working on carrying firearms thru Canada what a mess hope this helps www.consular.canada.usembassy.gov/weapons into canda.asp

Bringing firearms through Canada is not a mess. I've done it twice. Never had a problem. Declare your weapons upon entry, respect their laws (you are a visitor), present your unsigned CAFC 909/910(s) http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...om/909-eng.htm, enjoy the trip.

Jim

I won't be carrying any firearms. I'm towing my boat to Portland to be sold down there, and I'll be crossing at Abbottsford, then on my return I'll be towing a trailer with household stuff and making a detour to Kenniwick, WA and taking hiway 97 and 20 and crossing at Ossyos, Canada and I might be traveling during the evening. I've heard that the smaller town crossings might not be opened during the evening hours. I'll check the links that were in the other posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim~ View Post
    Bringing firearms through Canada is not a mess. I've done it twice. Never had a problem. Declare your weapons upon entry, respect their laws (you are a visitor), present your unsigned CAFC 909/910(s) http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...om/909-eng.htm, enjoy the trip.

Jim
    Pardon the Hi-Jack Interruption--
    Jim you are correct for standard hunting weapons, but you get into pistols or any type of military style weapon it gets VERY complicated and in some cases can't be done.
    I've done it three times and the last was a pain in the arse...BUT that was disorganization on the customs folks part. They said they were done, I repacked the weapons and then they wanted to see them again...TWICE I was moving so they wern't just behind the seat and couldn't just be packed on top....

Back on Topic....

Quote Originally Posted by Derby06 View Post
    Pardon the Hi-Jack Interruption--
    Jim you are correct for standard hunting weapons, but you get into pistols or any type of military style weapon it gets VERY complicated and in some cases can't be done.
    I've done it three times and the last was a pain in the arse...BUT that was disorganization on the customs folks part. They said they were done, I repacked the weapons and then they wanted to see them again...TWICE I was moving so they wern't just behind the seat and couldn't just be packed on top....

Back on Topic....
    Derby,

That's what I meant when I said respect their laws. Canada is pretty clear about their list of restricted and prohibited weapons. This subject, however ,is always worth bringing up. I highly encourage any readers to not take internet advise on a subject as potentially complicated as this and begin planning months in advance for transporting weapons through Canada. Remember the three P's...

I too am sorry about the thread derail. Let's throw the switch and get back on track.

Ossyos, abbotsford, which I think is called sumas are both open 24/7. Any commercial crossing is. ossyos and sumas are typically a lot faster than blaine.

Let me be more clear the site I posted http://www.consular.canada.usembassy...nto_canada.asp was for the Gentleman to contact these folks and they gave me a time list for the openings of certain crossings also they gave me information for carring firearms across the boarder and I had to call twice and got the same times for the crossing which was great but got two different stories on carring firearms across the boarder for the same question that make a mess on the firearms question and if I read my original post correct I was having the problem with the firearm question not the Gentleman asking about the crossing times I hope they could anwser his questions

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Ossyos, abbotsford, which I think is called sumas are both open 24/7. Any commercial crossing is. ossyos and sumas are typically a lot faster than blaine.
    Sumas is on the Washington side. Abbotsford is the town on the canadien side.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Yea I have been through there a couple dozen times, when we fill out our intransit bond we have to put sumas on it, (commercial) is the reason I said it is called sumas.