Thread: Lost on 3-24, .257 weatherby mag, knik river exit

Default Lost on 3-24, .257 weatherby mag, knik river exit

While we were at our booth at the sportsmans show in Wasilla I met a guy who lost a rifle at the knik river exit on the east side of the road. He left town tonight. It is a .257 Weatherby magnum (700 remington). It is a left handed model. I have all of his info and can put you in touch with him. Please if you have any info call Jon 232-9141 Reward He has had it since he was 12 and it means allot
    Last edited by arrowslinger; 03-25-2011 at 23:58. Reason: additional info

Know that feeling... Anger. Rage. Embarrassment. Insecurity. Inadequacy. Drowning sorrows with alcohol. Treating hangover with BC powder. Followed by ELATION when the finder finally calls!!!!

Bummer. He's in the front-end of the emotional roller coaster approaching the bottom. Hang ON!!!

Taylor

I will be at knik tomorrow and if you pm me a better location besides the east side of knik river exit I will poke around and see if I can find it. Not even sure where the knik river exit is. I'm guessing they are referring to the pavillion or bodenburg access.

Unfortunately, in this case, knik receives a high amount of traffic and the rifle was probably picked up within hours.

An alaskalist or craigslist reward post might speed things up. I am not fishing for a reward in anyway, I'd rather see the owner reunite with his rifle. I know how hard it is find a good left handed rifle.

no i was referring to the actual exit that drops right down to the knik river. If you were headed into wasilla pull straight down and don't go through the tunnels, park there and the trail heads out and goes over the railroad tracks and beside them. If you were headed into anchorage take the knik river exit go through the tunnels under the highway and almost right in front of you is the trail. Unfortunately they left that area, had lunch and headed to Point Mckenzie. Once he realized the gun was gone they went back to the trail head and it was gone. I posted craigslist and alaskaslist but haven't seen the alaskaslist show up yet
    Thanks, Jon

So he thinks he left it right at the road/parking area?

That's a bum deal for sure. It's kind of like slamming the tailgate of your truck before you put your fishing pole away. Listening to the crunch of my fishing pole as I slammed my tailgate shut gave me an awful feeling. I learned a lesson the hard way.

I hope he somehow gets his rifle back.

Yes, i set it up against the tire. Then took off all my gear and put that in the truck. I must have left it leaning on the tire and then drove off.

Quote Originally Posted by GANDERMOUNTAIN View Post
    Yes, i set it up against the tire. Then took off all my gear and put that in the truck. I must have left it leaning on the tire and then drove off.
    Man, that sucks, but it happens when you get in a hurry. My son lost a gun off the back of his truck a few years back. He called the troopers when he got home to report where he thought he lost it and they did find the gun. Had been ran over about 10 times on the road and junk when they found it. I still give him crap about it cuz he's impatient and has to go now when he's ready no matter if anyone else with him is ready to go. Me, I walk around my car 10 times after I pack up so that stuff don't happen....lol
    Glad my son got my ex wifes jeans and not mine........lol
    I can do the impossible right away. Be patient, miracles take me a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyH View Post
    Glad my son got my ex wifes jeans and not mine........lol
    LOL X3
    I doubt it is your son with those 'jeans'.
    Apologies - too funny to let pass. ;-)

I lost a new '06 once in a river boat accident - no fun.