Thread: ARGO AK Prices

Default ARGO AK Prices

Seems like used Argos up here go for twice book value. Or maybe I just look in the wrong places, can anyone confirm...? Not really looking for one, unless the price is right, but I would not buy (afford) a new one.

Thanks

Default A new price would be a good starting point.

Hi,

I looked at a 07 Avenger EFI with tracks,windshield, winch,outboard kit. It was just over 24K. I saw a year old? (150 hours) 6x6 Argo and it was 8500. This is michigan prices.

Ron

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denter View Post
    Seems like used Argos up here go for twice book value. Or maybe I just look in the wrong places, can anyone confirm...?
    All outdoor toys go for more than they're worth up here; boats, atvs, argos, campers, etc.

Default ARGOs

I agree with toys are more here but usually you see $500 more for a newer ATV (1 - 3 years old) than you would expect to pay in the lower 48.

Bought two used Polaris Sportsmans up here and they were a little more but good deal comparing others for sale.

Seems that the 6-10 year old Argos are holding values near twice book value, just and observation.

Argo's hold thier prices well, Sold a few (Conquest) 2001's last season for 11,500 with all the works. A secret I learned because I buy and sell them every season NOW!! is the time to buy them used and Jason gets them in used at all season about now . And since they are not making conquest anymore they are going to hold value more..At least for me I'd drive a Conquest before a Response I just bought a 2002 Conquest with top,Heater wench,Bush guard 23 hrs on it for $8500

The interesting thing is motorcycle companies such as Honda and Kawasaki pay the exact same freight charges for vehicles delivered to Alaska that the lower 48 dealer pays. They gouge because most people pay it.
    Tennessee

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    The interesting thing is motorcycle companies such as Honda and Kawasaki pay the exact same freight charges for vehicles delivered to Alaska that the lower 48 dealer pays. They gouge because most people pay it.
    That's right. People will pay.

Also, I grew up in Southern California many years ago. There and then, it was all dirt bike and dune buggys (built from VW Bug chassis).

Notice that dirt bikes up here are worthless, and prices of such reflect that?

It's Economics 101.

Default Geographical Price Fixing on Argos

I've been checking prices as well. I can buy a new Jeep Wrangler for what an Avenger EFI would cost me with just a couple of options.

I called Whitehorse and was told he couldn't sell me one. I checked with Customs & Border Protection and there's no emissions/EPA limitations prohibiting such importation. The Whitehorse dealer told me there's an agreement between the manufacturer, his business, and the Anchorage store. This agreement essentially removes competition and fixes prices in Alaska for thousands of miles. No wonder they're so expensive.

Get this, I was told if I bought one in Whitehorse, the local dealer couldn't do any warranty work because they were made in another country.

I've called a dealer in the 'lesser 48' that's currently guiding a mountain lion hunt. He just sent one Avenger to Alaska. I've sent him an email and he's gonna' work me up a price.

I've also got all email traffic from All Seasons Argo to support these statements. I've also printed them all out and will be sending them to the manufacturer in Canada along with my cover letter.

It is common practice for large companies that produce in Canada not to honor warranty if you purchase it in Canada and take it to the USA. I am pretty sure Kawasaki, Polaris, Honda Marine, Yamaha Marine, etc all have the same rules.
    If the savings is worth it and you do not have to pay import duties it may still be worth while to purchase something in Canada.
    How much in terms of dollars is the warranty worth to you?
    Tennessee

I know a guy in Haines that drives accross the border to buy his argos and stuff and saves at least a 1,000. Good luck with getting one shipped up here ,You are right about the agreement I talked to a few argo dealers in the lower 48 about shipping parts up here and they said they could loose their dealership or what ever they have with Argo , If they get caught shipping stuff up here. But if you have freinds in the lower 48 have them buy the parts and then mail them, You can also save $$$$$.
    I like dealing with All-Season here in Anchorage even if the prices are a little high They are very knowledgeable and since I live 3 hrs away and If have an Argo go down Jason will mail me the part the same or next day. One of my guides punched a hole the size of your fist in the tire. I called All Season that morning next afternoon new tire arrived at my door.
    Heck you live in Alaska nothing up here is cheap

Randy,

I believe all Argos are produced in New Hamburg, Ontario by Ontario Drive and Gear. I may be wrong, but I'm unaware of any US production. That makes it foreign made and as such, All Seasons told me that they couldn't do any warranty work on a foreign manufactured unit. There's the disconnect.

All Seasons Argo told me I couldn't buy an Argo in Canada and bring it into the US because of emissions/EPA restrictions. Customs & Border Protection said that's not true, they suggested the business agreement and the Whitehorse dealership confirmed it.

When the buyer pays the 'new' price, they're paying for that 3-year warranty. I don't know how much of that 'new' price is for the warranty on an Argo. I'll be curious to see what the dealer quotes me from the lesser 48 after his lion hunt.

Roger,

Since you've got a fleet of Argos, I bet All Seasons Argo has got your photo on their desk!<G> You oughta' get great service! Living in Alaska is expensive, especially those 'toys' needed to more fully enjoy life in Alaska. However, I think there's something 'fundamentally' wrong when a product's price is artificially inflated or established by the dealer and the manufacturer.

I've just about talked myself out of an Argo. I'll know for sure when I take down the Internet photo of the Avenger in my office.

Quote Originally Posted by cghuntcms View Post
    Roger,

Since you've got a fleet of Argos, I bet All Seasons Argo has got your photo on their desk!<G> You oughta' get great service!
    Out of the 12 argos I have owned I have never bought a new one. They have all been used with low hrs, That should tell you something, All you have to do is look around and you will find a good deal. The only argos I bought off of All Season was a few years ago they were trades , 2 Conquest fully loaded maxed out everything you could possible neeed or want on an argo I gave them $19,000 for both.

Keep the faith man!!! You'll find one

Default Got Argo? - Wish I hadn't

I found a used Argo, but I hadn't fully understood the ramifications of buying one. Since the purchase, I've learned that the manufacturing plant in Ontario has predetermined where each consumer must buy an argo to include the accessories based on geographical location. I've learned that if I buy an Argo, or any accessory from anyone other than All Seasons Argo, that dealer may lose his business. That's just wrong to me.

Default Argos GVW

I know very little about argos but are they going to fall prey to the 1500 pound limit in unit 13 or do they weigh less than that. I imagine they do. The big atvs are like 700 pounds now can't imagine an argo is more than twice that much. Just curioius.

Thanks

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    I know very little about argos but are they going to fall prey to the 1500 pound limit in unit 13 or do they weigh less than that.
    The weight limit is specifically being raised in many areas from 1,000 lbs to 1,500 lbs in order to include newer, heavier Argos as well as other larger atvs.

My 2000 Response has a manufacturer's listed weight of 968 lbs.

Argo Avenger weighs 1205 lbs
    Conquest weighs 961
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default Just thought someone might be interested

Here is an Argo for a little less money, granted it has some hours.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/rvs/308491728.html