Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copper River Dipnet Fishery Web Site New Features

Default Copper River Dipnet Fishery Web Site New Features

Escapement section adds data in a calendar format

Weather section now includes current atmospheric pressure map, Pacific jet-stream map, real-time earthquake map for the Pacific Rim, and current radiation map for Japan.

~tr

Thanks for the information. I was wondering what you meant and I clicked on your links and viola! Impressive website you got there. I like it a whole lot more than when Stan Bloom was maintaining it. I also dig John 3:17

<edit> I might have to take that back, I thought that was the chitna dipnetters site. I just looked at the real chitna dippers site and see you're just as hostile as ever. You can't ever be happy w/ the bounty you have. That is a sin so I don't know how come you bother to quote the bible. Subsistence is for people w/o any other alternative, just like welfare. People that enjoy salmon and want a surplus for their family, thats called PU (personal use). If you want to take subsistence from the Copper all you have to do is qualify, then you're free to operate a fishwheel. You and your ilk continue to burden the state w/ your incessant need to be better than everybody else. You outright lie on your webpage, claiming the Area E fisherman (com-fishers) have priority. They don't! Com-fishers have the same status as sport and PU. What is your problem? You are stirring up a hornets nest. You are gonna be the culprits responsible for federal management. When are you going to get that through your heads?

<edit#2> Don't you know the state doesn't want to mess w/ subsistence issues? You're costing us (Alaska) a fortune. We've visited this issue at least 4 times and it loses every time because its not feasible to start one subsistence dipnet fishery. The Feds are ready to pounce on our fisheries management. FYI if the halibut situation is any indicator, com takes precedence. You'll be thought of like like Ron Zobel was back when he sued to stop the dividend.. oh wait most dippers weren't here then. Thats whats so funny though, they feel they need subsistence...hahaha

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov

Default Nice site

Quote Originally Posted by gr8fl View Post
    Escapement section adds data in a calendar format

Weather section now includes current atmospheric pressure map, Pacific jet-stream map, real-time earthquake map for the Pacific Rim, and current radiation map for Japan.

~tr
    Lots of great info there.

Hey FB, you need to go to the outdoor show. Get out of the house and lighten up. See you there. BTW, do you need any more chain or anything? Just thought I would be neighborly and ask.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

I'll see ya there bud, we can have a hotdog and visit, my treat. Pardon me for getting riled up again. I can't help it, its just so dang old. I know good well what the repercussions of those lame UCIA proposals are gonna have on us in Area E. All we have tried to do from day one is co-exist w/ our fellow Alaskans and be thankful for the opportunity that this state gives us to feed our families. Its not our fault sometimes when people go to Chitna theres not many fish. We only fish 1 day a week in May. How is one day a week going to prevent anyone from catching a dipnet fish in Chitna? They were beaming w/ pride when they got us reduced to one day. We had to figure out ways to make a living in one day, so we marketed the Copper River label. It worked so well that it made the headlines and enabled us once again to feed our families. This infuriates the Chitna Dipnetters association, now they want to take a way our one day. Of course I get mad...see ya for hotdogs

I'm taking a poll

Default Let's hear from a member of the Chitna Dipnetters Association

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    We only fish 1 day a week in May. ... This infuriates the Chitna Dipnetters association, now they want to take a way our one day.
    I'd like to hear this or their viewpoint from a member of that org, whether infuriated or not.

Anyone from there want to comment?

gr8fl, are you a member?

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Hey FB, you need to go to the outdoor show. Get out of the house and lighten up. See you there. BTW, do you need any more chain or anything? Just thought I would be neighborly and ask.
    Will someone please tell me where and when this outdoor show is???? PLEASE!
    There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    gr8fl, are you a member?
    No, I haven't had the $$$ to join either CDA or SCADA. fb kinda got torqued just because I had the CDA link on the top of my page. oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Albradley View Post
    Not sure but I think they are reffering to the one in Wasilla at the Menard center this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Albradley View Post
    Yeah Al its at the Menard sports complex there just past SBS to the north. Take a left at the light and you can't miss it. I'd love to have a hotdog w/ ya Al I'll be either talking to steve the pot builder, George Riddle at 3-rivers or the whop where ever he is.

I'm taking a poll

Yeah Al its at the Menard sports complex there just past SBS to the north. Take a left at the light and you can't miss it. I'd love to have a hotdog w/ ya Al I'll be either talking to steve the pot builder, George Riddle at 3-rivers or the whop where ever he is.
    Aww crap...I thought you guys were talking about the one in fairbanks at the carlson center.I cant make it to wasilla.But this summer im gonna try and make it down there and meet all you guys.
    There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Donate button via PayPal now available at the bottom of the page. No pressure, just trolling.

For those of you that would like to donate to the organization that actually puts it on the line to produce fish and restore habitats here you go donations gladly accepted http://www.pwsac.com/

I'm taking a poll

yo fb, people do that when they buy the fish at fancy restaurants. The rest of us have to work all year long to save enough to be able to dip that wild stock that you can't take any credit for.

~tr

Thats not correct, there is no cost recovery taken on the Copper. The enhanced fish that migrate up the Copper are at the expense of PSWAC. They don't publicly pat themselves on the back, they just continue produce 300,000 to a million sockeyes a year in the Copper for all user groups. The expense is absorbed by PWSAC and the Alaskas very own and the pride of the industry the fine com-fishers of Area E (no paypal needed we just ask you enjoy the bounty responsibly)

I'm taking a poll

Default 6.5% Hatchery Comm Catch 2004

So, ADF&G stats show 6.5% of the commercial catch in 2004 was attributed to PWSAC hatchery fish. That's roughly 68,000 out of 1,050,000 commercial caught fish. The other 93.5% of the commercial caught fish were not created by PWSAC.

If I ever dip later in the summer during the second surge when those hatchery fish are heading home, I'll be sure and thank the PWSAC. In the meantime, I'll continue to be thankful to the rightful Creator for all the fish caught during the first half of the summer.

I'm glad that the PWS fleet can make a living. Don't like the self-aggrandizing attitude, though.

So, ADF&G stats show 6.5% of the commercial catch in 2004 was attributed to PWSAC hatchery fish. That's roughly 68,000 out of 1,050,000 commercial caught fish. The other 93.5% of the commercial caught fish were not created by PWSAC.

If I ever dip later in the summer during the second surge when those hatchery fish are heading home, I'll be sure and thank the PWSAC. In the meantime, I'll continue to be thankful to the rightful Creator for all the fish caught during the first half of the summer.

I'm glad that the PWS fleet can make a living. Don't like the self-aggrandizing attitude, though.
    Once again our resident statistician reaches deep into the bag and cherry picks a doozy!
    FYI the 2004 Gulkana/Crosswind stocks produced a dismal return. There happened to be a 65-80% mortality rate on fry due to over temperature of the rearing water when they were "experimenting w/ the new art of otolith marking" . Now then, how about if you run and average of say 1990 to present, instead of cherry picking stats?

<edit> you also failed to incorporate in your statistics of the 1,050,000 commercially caught fish, the other 36 or so sockeye stocks on the Copper River delta that don't run up the Copper for example the Eyak, Alaganik, Martin and Russian rivers, Bering river, Gandil river, Clear creek, etc etc etc.... Good day

I'm taking a poll

Default full disclosure

Thats not correct, there is no cost recovery taken on the Copper.
    "The Prince William Sound Aquaculture Corporation is a private nonprofit corporation established by the legislature in 1973 to produce hatchery-born, ocean-raised wild salmon for the commercial, sport, personal use and subsistence fisheries in the Prince William Sound region. PWSAC operations are financed through the sale of hatchery fish to processors and a salmon enhancement tax paid by commercial fishermen."

So you're saying that only the commercial fishermen are paying for PWSAC fish?

This could go on all day with fb.

So you're saying that only the commercial fishermen are paying for PWSAC fish?

This could go on all day with fb.
    Thats exactly what i'm saying gr8fl, commercial fisherman pay for PWSAC fish. When we catch PWSAC fish for "cost recovery" we share our market place. Remember limited entry? PWSAC has no limited entry permit. There fore they can't sell salmon w/o the permit holder, hello? We are PWSWAC!!! ding ding ding

I'm taking a poll

Default At your request

Now then, how about if you run and average of say 1990 to present, instead of cherry picking stats?
    10 year average 332,910 Gulkana contributions out of 2,158,744 total estimated sockeye salmon run size 1999-2009. That's 15% of the fish for which I thank you, PWSAC. Thank you, Jesus, for the other 85%.

Here's the source: 2009 Prince William Sound Area Finfish Management Report.

btw, in all fairness, I've included a link on the CRCDFEC page to PWSAC.

~tr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast