Thread: Float Hunting Vol 2 by Larry Bartlett

Default Float Hunting Vol 2 by Larry Bartlett

Larry just released Vol 2 guys, check it out! I put my order in for one today. If it's half as good as the 1st Volume it will be well worth it!!!

Waiting for the mail to show up.Looking forward to this one .

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Larry B, just got it in the mail. Good job brother! After doing a 20 day, 10 day and 7 day floats I must say they are some good info in this DVD! A must before someone does their first float…

I just got mine in the mail, it is like Christmas when they come. Hats off (he has a lot of hats) to ya Larry. For anyone thinking or dreaming of a float hunt, Pristine Ventures DVDs will prove invaluable. While this volume two is awesome, he also has ones for field care and dealing with skinning/caping. This is no BS footage, it is the real deal with real animals--it does not get any more practical than this. I just hope he does more of them.

Not a salesmen, just a happy customer.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff p View Post
    I just got mine in the mail, it is like Christmas when they come. Hats off (he has a lot of hats) to ya Larry. For anyone thinking or dreaming of a float hunt, Pristine Ventures DVDs will prove invaluable. While this volume two is awesome, he also has ones for field care and dealing with skinning/caping. This is no BS footage, it is the real deal with real animals--it does not get any more practical than this. I just hope he does more of them.

Not a salesmen, just a happy customer.
    I'll second that, job well done Larry! Volume 2 is a great compliment to Volume 1, both have a wealth of info for any float hunter - novice or expert.

Thank you fellas. This one was a lot of work do to trips that turned in to more dragging than floating, but worth it in the end...albeit 4-5 years late!

I'll be filming Volume 3 this fall, so hopefully I'll have another volume to add to the library by spring 2012. This one will be for more extreme float hunters that need a little more technical show-how. Looking forward to more adventures on film.

Thanks for your support, as always.

cheers,

lb

Just watched and enjoyed it but vol 3 sounds like the ticket, can't wait! Would be great if you could show some different water mechanics situations and how to deal with them maybe even a self rescue or two.

On a side note notice that you were using camo netting on the raft and wondering why. Do you really think that colored rafts can make a difference on success. I would think that it would be way to much trouble catching on things as you float and could be even dangerous at some point. I know how much of a pain in the butt that stuff can be.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

I originally made the camo gilly suit for the blue Magnum for two reasons:

1. I was filming Project Bloodtrail and wanted to have some advantage of camo whildst sneaking around filming carcasses and hunters in open terrain...like the colville river. it weighs 14 lbs total for the whole kit, and it blends in well...but needed an added edge of concealment.

2. I also didn't want the viewing audience to think the blue canoe was a Pro Pioneer when we loaded it with 2 guys and moose. it wasn't bad catching on debris, but it did to a small degree.

This blue magnum was the first one i had made, but it came in blue not gray.

all is good, but i'll be using a 9' packraft in Vol 3, with a Pro Pioneer perhaps. we'll have to see.

The 9' packraft looks and feels right for the true wilderness extremes, so i'm thinking i'll rename it from IR-9 to the Wilderness X-stream 9 ("WX-9").

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bartlett View Post
    I originally made the camo gilly suit for the blue Magnum for two reasons:

1. I was filming Project Bloodtrail and wanted to have some advantage of camo whildst sneaking around filming carcasses and hunters in open terrain...like the colville river. it weighs 14 lbs total for the whole kit, and it blends in well...but needed an added edge of concealment.

2. I also didn't want the viewing audience to think the blue canoe was a Pro Pioneer when we loaded it with 2 guys and moose. it wasn't bad catching on debris, but it did to a small degree.

This blue magnum was the first one i had made, but it came in blue not gray.

all is good, but i'll be using a 9' packraft in Vol 3, with a Pro Pioneer perhaps. we'll have to see.

The 9' packraft looks and feels right for the true wilderness extremes, so i'm thinking i'll rename it from IR-9 to the Wilderness X-stream 9 ("WX-9").
    Sounds very interesting and can't wait to see it.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Not having either vol., does #2 revise the info in #1, or should I get #1 first? The product description for vol. 1 doesn't inform enough to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by kenmack View Post
    Not having either vol., does #2 revise the info in #1, or should I get #1 first? The product description for vol. 1 doesn't inform enough to tell.
    Volume 2 is complimentary to Volume 1. Each cover different aspects of float hunting. I highly recommend both but if you only watch V1 or V2 you can't go wrong. Larry's Project Blood Trail video is quite informative as well.

Larry brings to life what others only write about. We are 2 weeks away from our first float hunt. Would not have happened without Larry's help and DVDs.