Thread: need a buddy or buddies:)

Default need a buddy or buddies:)

hi there,

i am new to this sport...just bought a "new" used machine and am soooooo excited!!!!

but!!! i need to find someone or ones to ride with - folks who are patient with a newbie i am an adrenaline junkie...

if it makes a difference...i am female...i don't mean that the way it must sound

Default be careful

You might not want some of the type of buddies that will respond. HEHE

Default Also

Welcome to the forum, be careful and have fun riding.

hi there,

gee - thanks for the welcome hmmm...that bad?????? hah!!!

gotta get out there sometime somehow...

Would help a bunch if we knew where you are located and what type of machine you have and what kind of riding you have in mind. Welcome!

Welcome to the ODD!!

Keep checking for group rides as well as individuals with an emptly slot on the trailer. Also, hook up with Fishgirl. She is an avid rider too. We drug her along on the last ODD ride to Placer river. Great gal even though she did complain that I got her muddy

Until we get some more snow, the riding will be so so. Pray for those March storms!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default welcome!

let us know where you are, and what you have in mind. what days off do you have? My sched varies widely, but i try to get the family out on the weekends. My wife and daughter are new to the sport, and I have taken them to big lake and they really like it there. The trails are groomed nicely, and we're never far from the warm truck!! Another place to meet folks is on hardcore sledder.com ...Alaska. I have done alot of rides with those folks, and the expiernce over there varies widely!!!
    stay safe!

hi,

good point i live in eagle river...i ride a polaris 700 sks...as to what kind of riding? just getting into the sport...so...but need to be challenged

Default rides

have you tried the anchorage snowmobile club web site they go out all most every weekend as a club to different spots an there are some women go wifes, girlefriends , an people like you want to go with out a partner
    the cost to join is $20 per year I think an a monthly news letter, an on a trip with them if you go with them ,you will come back with them so you will have some saftey in that if you break down. also you get to see a lot of different places we meet the 3rd wed of every MTH. at the IBEW hall in Anchorage on Denali St.

http://www.anchoragesnowmobileclub.com/
    Last edited by Sid; 03-03-2007 at 09:29. Reason: add more

Default riding stuff...

Hey...Thanks AKMUD! :-) like i said before, the name fits! its all good, had fun... but yes, like SID said the anchorage snowmobile club is a very active group. I went riding with them a couple times and they are all very nice folks... I am actually going on a ride tomorrow with my 11 yr old son riding "shotgun" with me (3/4) leaving from nancy lakes and riding to susitna river, lunch and watching the sled dogs pass. You should come, call the hot line # for updated info & directions though... or PM and maybe we can hook up there...?
    And my experience is moderate beginner, but like a little challenge too...
    <*)))><