Thread: stainless pulleys for Volvo Penta diesel

Default stainless pulleys for Volvo Penta diesel

Anyone know if there are stainless pulleys available for Volvo Diesels? Seems the pulleys get a little rust on them and the belts start squeekin Does anyone have any tricks for this? My first year with an inboard and last time out heard my first "squeek" and have noticed belt dust around engine.
    Its a Volvo KAD 43 PA in a 24' Seasport 2003 model

Salcha, AK

Go to marine parts express. They have online diagrams of your engine and its parts. You can also see the prices. On my D-6 they change the plastic pulleys out to stainless.

Might be bad alignment or belts are a bit loose, tighten them and see if that helps. MacDonnel Marine in Conn. has the best prices i've found on volvo parts and they discount aprox 20% better yet they know those small volvo engines VERY WELL.

McDonnell Marine Service, LLC Street: 63 Old Windsor Road Town/City: Bloomfield State: Connecticut ZIP/Post Code: 06002 Country: United States Tel: 860-243-9114 Fax: 860-286-0861 Email: Volvo Penta Full Line Marine and Industrial Dealer. Diesel engines ranging from 10hp thru 750hp. Factory Authorized Service, Parts and Engine Sales. Volvo Action Service and Rapid Response Dealer. QL - Quality Line - Marine accessories by Volvo Penta, is a complete series of marine accessories. Each product is carefully selected and tested to meet the exacting demands you place on marine equipment. Now available from McDonnell Marine.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    907 775 1692