Thread: finaly shes mine

Default finaly shes mine

well after months of searching, hours of negotiating, and three failed attemtps ive finally got my ideal predator gun. here she is a remington modle 799 in 223 (AKA mini mauser)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P2180069.jpg   P2180071.jpg  
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

Looks like a beauty, enjoy, and straight shooting!

That is a fine looking shooting iron there young man. Now lets see it with some critters.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Oh, Joe, Good Job Man, ......Congratulations, that looks like a beauty

Can't wait to see pics of your first few targets, or even better,

some Late Winter Coyotes, laying on the ground
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Very nice setup there. Slap some Butler Creek caps on that scope, wrap it with some camo tape and you're good to go.

How cool is that? I know nothing about the 799, or "mini mauser". Tell me more. Looks like a laminated stock maybe? Factory or other? And what is it topped with? Have you shot it yet? Was it as fun as you expected? Did you wheel and deal? Were you drooling when you saw it? Did your heart flip flop? Come on man, tell us more!
    Seriously, you have to tell us more of the story. Congrats, have fun, and good hunting,
    ARR

well i did get a screaming deal on the gun. and yes i did start drooling when i saw it. i still have to figure out a scope(thinking of leupold vx1 3x9) right now it has a gamo 3x9. the stock is pure wood.
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)