Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Taxidermy problem

Default Taxidermy problem

Has anyone ever had work done with Broken bone taxidermy. He is doing some work for me and it seems like he takes in a lot of work but I never seem to see anything getting completed. I was just wondering because I have heard a couple of bad stories and I would like to hear at least one good one. It kind of seems like he is avoiding me.

Not to sound mean: but you pretty much get what you deserve on this one (fortunatetly, if it does come out bad, you've learned and wont' do it again). This is why you hear people PREACH about going to see the taxi's work, talking to them...A LOT, and then talking to people that have had done work by them. You get a trophy of a lifetime...and then go to the lowest bidder (not saying you did) to get your prized work done.

for the record, I'm saying this....because i've been there done that. And still pissed about it!!
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!

Yeah I guess it will be a lesson learned. I still have hope maybe I'm just freaking out but something just does not feel right. It was not really a lowest bidder thing it was more that when I was looking for a taxidermist know one was taking new customers. Well we will see how it turns out I am just hoping for the best.

If you can get it back do. Have someone else do the work. Shot me a pm for any more info.

I agree, if you can get it back do so! We are having a similar problem.

Well I am going to try and go pick up my caribou cape and antlers today. I'm sure my lynx is not there. And my birds are probably freezer burnt by now but oh well. He has told me every week for the last six weeks he is going to start my mount. And every week same old story. Pretty sure he's just waiting till I go overseas so he doesn't have to worry about it anymore. Does anyone know if the cape and antlers can just sit there for a year until I get home and can afford to pay someone else to do the work that I have already paid for once. Supposedly the antlers velvet has been preserver but who knows?

You paid in advance? Usually it is just a % down payment and the rest upon completion. And if he didn't do the work that the down pAyment was for you can get that money back

Well I just came back from broken bone. Saw my cape and antlers and it all looks good should have my mount by this weekend. Looks like everything is going to turn out good after all. I was nervous but after talking to him my mind is at ease that I will get a quality product In the time promised. Maybe I need some more patience.

If you get it back this weekend I would be very suprised. If your happy about the work I will be amazed.

Well I got my caribou back and it is beautiful. I could not be happier with it. Got it hung up on the wall and it looks great. I guess these things end up being bigger than you think though. Does not look so big until you get it on the wall. Pics soon to come.

Default Problems with Broken Bone Taxidermy? please help

Hello - I am having an issue in getting 2 bear rugs back from Broken Bone Taxidermy. I see you got your caribou back - can you let me know the best way to get a hold of Broken Bone and any suggestions on how I might get these back?

You might try telling him that you'll park in his driveway until you get your stuff back. That's what I told him in order to get my stuff back.

Thank you. I had considered it but live in Colorado. He's broken off communication with me.

I'm really shocked Stacy is still in bussiness, he took 3 of our caribou 2 years ago and even called and asked for remainder of payment when he said they were done. Well he got all the money owed for the mounts and now wont answer phone calls, emails or texts. A classless crook if you ask me.

the wife shot a caribou two years ago now and just wanted a eruopean mount and cant get ahold of him at all. I had another friend took some stuff there and it took alot to get his bear and lynx back from him. I wish there was more we could do to put that man out of business or out of the state.

If you got a good taxi, treat him or her like gold. I usually ship frozen fish with my hides for mine. I always pay as promised. You should also be sure to be providing your taxi a quality hide to work with too.

I went to Stacy's shop and saw his work. At least what he claimed to be his work. We gave him three sets of antlers to be done in European style. My friend called and an appointment was made to pick them up. The night before I went in to the hospital, my friend went and got his. Said he saw mine and that they looked good. He started to pick them up then, but decided I should do that. Wish he had. At first when I called Stacy, he put me off saying not now, call me later. He claimed he just had too much going on at the time. After a few weeks he quite answering his phone. He does not respond to any messages left. I'm getting pretty fed up with this guy. Have heard all kinds of rumors about him, but i don't usually listen to them. But now I am think there may be some truth to them. My antlers were paid for, and done, I just want to pick them up.
    Gun Control means hitting your target.
    "Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley
    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"

He has moved his shop to the building across from the meat market in north pole.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

We have had nothing but issues with Stacy! He has had our bear for over 2 years and he avoids me all the time. I finally got his work number which is 488-0124 so if you need to get ahold of him call him at work since he never answers his cell or home phone! He has said our bear was done since June of 2011 and that he would call to let us know when we could pick it up but he is never available!! I call him everyday and he always has a different excuse on why he is not available! I called and talked to the Wildlife Trooper and he said they have had so many complaints about him! I was also advised to take him to court by the Trooper so that's what we did. If you go to Alaska Court records site you will see that he has already been sued a couple times! He also was charged with Taxidermy without a license!!!!

it seems to me that with all the complaints that have arrisen over the individual, that people would get the hint & not take things to him in the first place.

Just common sence to me.

RJ Simington

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast