Thread: Has it been worth it ?

Default Has it been worth it ?

Last year at this time I paid for a one year sponsorship of the reloading forum to help advertise my business Arctic Ammo and reloading Supplies. Now I know that I am not as good as others about posting adds and specials, or just responding to threads of those members that are looking for certain items. But I do want to know if it was worth the money. Did any of you come and say hi to us because of our sponsorship of this forum. Basically is it worth sponsoring for a second year.

Thanks in advance for all comments.

Sterling Cook
    Arctic Ammo & Reloading Supplies
    4900 pal-was hwy ste 1B
    Wasilla Ak 99654
    907-357-3381

Quote Originally Posted by arctic ammo View Post
    Last year at this time I paid for a one year sponsorship of the reloading forum to help advertise my business Arctic Ammo and reloading Supplies. Now I know that I am not as good as others about posting adds and specials, or just responding to threads of those members that are looking for certain items. But I do want to know if it was worth the money. Did any of you come and say hi to us because of our sponsorship of this forum. Basically is it worth sponsoring for a second year.

Thanks in advance for all comments.

Sterling Cook
    4900 pal-was hwy ste 1B
    Wasilla Ak 99654
    907-357-3381
    I haven't had an opportunity just yet, but I'll be in Palmer in a couple of weeks for several meetings and plan to come by then.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Gonna be in Palmer around the 9th. Hope you have some 460 bullets then.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I frequent the Forum, and I've done lots of business with you, but I knew about your store before you sponsored the Forum.

I don't recall, where I first got wind of Arctic Ammo, but it could have been from someone mentioning it here.

I like the Forum, and if you decide to sponsor it, my Thanks to you.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    I frequent the Forum, and I've done lots of business with you, but I knew about your store before you sponsored the Forum.

I don't recall, where I first got wind of Arctic Ammo, but it could have been from someone mentioning it here.

I like the Forum, and if you decide to sponsor it, my Thanks to you.

Smitty of the North
    What Smitty said.
    I learned of you here on this forum before you were even all the way open so before you were a sponsor. I have been in there and left you some money. I've brought friends there to leave some of their money. I and many others here have sent folks your way on this forum.

Sponsor or not you have my business but I do like that you are a sponsor and do think it has helped your business along.

Got those Mosins back in stock yet?
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Yes Andy I just put 50 of them on the shelves yesterday morning and already sent 11 out the door. they go like hot cakes for only $109 so let me know if I need to set any aside for you.

Sterling

power commuting twixt the valley and anchorage

I've driven past your shop, but had forgotten about it. In the last 6 weeks I have been researching reloading equipment, trying to decide whether or not to buy and how much to spend.

I saw your ad last week and figured I'll make it over there next week, at the very least to check things out.

I'd never heard of your business before your ad this forum. I happened to be coming back from up north, and stopped by. Bought 2 lbs of varget and a brick of primers.

What Smitty said. I work close by and stop by occasionally at lunch. Thanks for your sponsorship - I too like the Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by arctic ammo View Post
    Yes Andy I just put 50 of them on the shelves yesterday morning and already sent 11 out the door. they go like hot cakes for only $109 so let me know if I need to set any aside for you.

Sterling
    I'm on my way then, see you in a bit.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I found you guys from the forum. I haven't bought anything yet but plan to finally get into reloading this summer so will be in to buy components.

Well, to be honest, I haven't noticed your ad, and as a Passionate Reloader as of this last year, (tho I live in Kodiak, so shopping trips are not very regular up north) you may have lost business of mine. Cause you didn't have my attention enough

I'd suggest that you post more, let us get to know you,
    There are some folks on here, Wildalaska, and that guy who sells good sleeping bags,...marc something ?(grin??) who I have actually "Sought Out" when in town and spent plenty of money at their stores, because I felt they were like friends, (directly from time on the forums, woulda never heard of them otherwise)

I do believe these forums are very powerful for advertising, and if I was in an Outdoors Oriented business, I'd be all over this site posting more than ads, but helping people out with the experience and expertise you have.

It's not so much about the ads on the fringe of the page as it is your involvement, so I'd suggest get involved more, let us get to know you, be free with advise, helping the new guys, etc.
    Definintely re-up for the year, there's a LOT of readers on here, real close to your shop doors

I'd be finding your shop for sure,
    will come find you in a week or so, as I pass thru town, just cause of this post (directions ?)

and Thanks for your support of the Forums, Really, I have learned Everything I Know (well almost) about reloading here.
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Never heard of your store until reading this thread, but I just got back up here in the fall. From here on out, my trips to the valley will include stopping by your store, always looking for something. Can't resist a good reloading shop to squander away my money. Glad to here there is another place to shop and love the forum!

I found out about your shop from these forums. I'm glad I did, I stop by your shop every time I drive by. You guys usually carry stuff nobody else seems too. A leg platform for blackhawk holsters, and .460 brass. Along with almost every accessory I have on my AR.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

The link in the ad seams to not be working but I believe there are directions there.

They are on Palmer Wasilla Highway across the road and toward Palmer from the go cart race track. In that little 2 story strip mall they are on the Palmer end and there is usually a white H3 Hummer out front that says Arctic Ammo on it.

4900 pal-was hwy ste 1B
    Wasilla Ak 99654
    907-357-3381
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Thanks Andy,

I'll find that place, sounds pretty good
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

I will echo what Kodiakrain said about getting more from the forum by being active in it. The shops that gain the most are actively helping people here on the forum. Wildalaska with Wild West Guns does a great job and has no doubt moved a lot of product to peopole on this board because of it. Same thing with the great folks at Alpine Creek lodge and probably the leader of the pack Doug with CameralandNY who has sold me several grand worth of optics and camera equipment over the last couple years. There is definitely a sense of friendship and as such loyalty built off of this forum. I know I look at buying from forum sponsors as a way to both help support the forum as well as usually getting fantastic deals!

One thing that would be worth some time would be to advertise classes, especially a beginners class and some on reloading the "harder" common cartridges like WSM's. A lesson on loading for semi auto's (AR15 etc) would be neat as well. Perhaps an advanced class on wildcatting would be really cool as well. A good lesson from the Sportsmans and REI business model is that step one is getting people in the door. Once we are there will will probably buy something, especially if you show us why we need it.

For us it is well worth it. If you Google "Alaska or Alaskan outdoors", guess what pops up first...yep, this site. It is high on other key words too. Our sponsorship and ad thus gives us a double exposure. Considering our primary business over the past 10 years has been Outside and considering we are in the process of opening our new store (branch) in Las Vegas, it is a definite marketing aid to us at a reasonable price. I can now reach outside hunters and potential visitors, while at the same time advertising for new Alaskan customers who are looking for great bargains on guns and ammo. I can think of at least 25 guys who either are members here or lurkers who have now started patronizing us.....

So Sterling, stick with it. Heck, I have bought powder from you. Let me know if you want some VNs right from the source btw