Thread: Suzuki 175

Default Suzuki 175

Anyone out there running the 175 on their boat? Just picked one up for my hewescraft ocean pro and wanted to see what you guys thought of them. Any common problems to watch for, hows the fuel economy, etc. Thanks

I have one on my 22ft welded aluminum drop bow. It's not much more than a glorified skiff...

...and may weigh less than your Hewes.

The biggest advantage I've seen is the ability to run Suzuki props marketed for their bigger 200hp plus series motors. I'd have to look again tomorrow, but I believe I'm running a 16" by 21" pitch stainless. Much bigger than the 14.5" prop that came with it, which I keep for a spare.

I get around 8gph at 4200rpms (approx) and can hit just over 40mph at 5800rpms. I cruise around 30mph at 4200rpm.

No problems after several years, and 300hrs. They are great, fairly simple, engines.

This will be my 3rd season running twin 250s without so much as a hiccup.

I talked to a water taxi guy about 2 weeks ago about his Suzuki 175's and he really likes his. He has run them for 2 Summers now and has over 3600 hours on them and hasn't had any problems. He will run them for one more season and then re-power. Sounds like they are a good motor.

2050 hours on a pair of 225 Suzuki's 11 gallons an hour per motor at 4200 rpms, 30 knot cruise, 30 foot boat, no problems yet....great motors.

Read the manual, at 20 hours the red lights flash and the alarm sounds, It is time for an oil change, then every 100 hours there after. Learn how to reset the alarm and red light flashing. It has to do with the ignition Key and pushing a button. Don't ask me how I know, after I canceled a trip with a bunch of friends when the music started and the lights flashed.

Follow the oil change schedule and hammer down. Be sure to run a GOOD racore filter .

Cool, thanks for the responses guys. Im excited to get it on the boat and try it out. Shrimping is just around the corner now!

We run one on a 24` Fish Rite pilot house and regularly get 8 gal/hr. at 28mph fully loaded. Never had a problem with it....good bottom end power too.

Heavy Hitter Fishing
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heavy...54441957966186

Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro-Staff