Thread: question for the lefties

Default question for the lefties

For the last 20 or so years I've shot left handed rifles. Prior to that I used my dad's mod 70 in righty, and took a couple moose with a righty savage.

There are a bunch of rifles out there I'd love to have but they don't make em for us southpaws. I'm curious how many of you wrong handers shoot a right handed gun or perhaps have converted yourself to shooting right handed?
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

MY first few rifles were right handed, caught the mauser 98 bug too, when you could pick up 3 for 75-125 bucks

Got my fist left handed rifle 4 years ago and not looking back,,,,I have no right handed bolt action hunting rifles,,,,most I have built, a bit more $$ but you know what you are getting.

Why conform

I never shot a left handed gun. Due to the limited supply and availability, the closest I've come to a lefty is my Thompson Center, ambidextrous pistols, or O/U shotguns. We lefties need to stand up and fight this injustice with these gun manufacturers for discrimination!!! It is OUR RIGHT to be left handed shooters. Whose with me?!?
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

I only shoot left handed bolt rifles. To do otherwise is risking my eye sight if a round does not perform as expected.
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by youngtrout View Post
    MY first few rifles were right handed, caught the mauser 98 bug too, when you could pick up 3 for 75-125 bucks

Got my fist left handed rifle 4 years ago and not looking back,,,,I have no right handed bolt action hunting rifles,,,,most I have built, a bit more $$ but you know what you are getting.

Why conform
    That's where I'm at trout ~ custom jobs will most likely be route to get what I'm after. Some real nice options out there.

Been buying lefty`s for 30 years never looked back , there a lot more out there now. Ar`s ,shotty`s and 22 thru 375, cost a few $ more but not much .Stag,Browning, Ruger, Remington, Sako,Savage just to name a few

After years of dealing with RH rifles I finally bought a lefty and love it! Tikka T3 in 30-06.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by brokeeye View Post
    Been buying lefty`s for 30 years never looked back , there a lot more out there now. Ar`s ,shotty`s and 22 thru 375, cost a few $ more but not much .Stag,Browning, Ruger, Remington, Sako,Savage just to name a few
    My first lefty was ruger m77 in 300 win mag. bought the browning stainless stalker in .375 and most recently picked up a savage weather warrior in .325 wsm. I've looked at the Tikka, just about pulled the trigger on a weatherby ultra light in 300 whby, wifey not too thrilled with that idea. Haven't looked at remington much. Which Sak model is made in lefy? Do they have a stainless/composite offering?

I'll not spend my money on a RH rifle unless it's a milsurp or gift for someone else. For years i adapted to what was available. Those manufacturers that are including us LHers is where i'll spend my money.

If CZ would ever offer up the 550 American in LH, I'd snap one up immediately.
    Now what ?

Quote Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
    I'll not spend my money on a RH rifle unless it's a milsurp or gift for someone else. For years i adapted to what was available. Those manufacturers that are including us LHers is where i'll spend my money.

If CZ would ever offer up the 550 American in LH, I'd snap one up immediately.
    CZ makes a 550 American left hand 375 H&H. I have one. Their custom shop will also build you a lefty 550 in a variety of calibers although they can be pricey.
    Tennessee

My bolt rifles have the bolt on the proper -left- side. I also have ambi rifles like Marlins and Remmie pumps. Believe me, I envy the righty's the multitude of choices they have in rifles, models, calibers, and everything else. But in my opinion, it makes no more sense for a left-handed shooter to buy and use a right-handed rifle than it does for a right-handed shooter to buy and use a left-handed rifle.

My bolts are lefty's. Between the offerings from Tikka, Ruger, Remington, Savage, Weatherby, Browning, and CZ I can get everything I need. Not to mention levers, pumps and semi's.