Thread: Cube01's extended dragon

Default Cube01's extended dragon

Being im up so early i wanted to try out Cube01's dragon, and rather than clogging up his step by step i decided to start a new thread. Here is another color variant. Once again great break down Cube.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	misc flies 006.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	46973
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Quote Originally Posted by 900fusion View Post
    Being im up so early i wanted to try out Cube01's dragon, and rather than clogging up his step by step i decided to start a new thread. Here is another color variant. Once again great break down Cube.

Name:	misc flies 006.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	46973
    Lookin' good!

I guess nobody is into Dragon fly nymphs??

900, here are two other variations I tie, using streamer hooks instead:

The first one's body is built up with dubbing and ribbed with D rib, then dubbed the usual way but hackle is used for the legs instead.
    The second one's body is built up using embroidery floss - the stuff used to make friendship bracelets, that I may or may not have stole from a certain friendship bracelet making individual... Another option if you don't like the segmented look of the floss is to just dub on top of it - that way you aren't trying to build up a huge ball of dubbing, you're just laying it on top of a sturdy foundation.

Name:	IMG_1494.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	112.7 KB 
ID:	47025Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1486.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	47024

I look forward to tying with you some time 900.

honeslty I don't know how to fish those things..........dry or not. Bt they look pretty good though. DO they work good in early summer?

They work VERY well in the lakes during summer.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Good looking variations i like the looks of the embroidery floss one. Any time you want to get together let me know always down to tell fish stories and tie some bugs.

Here ya go cube01.... its a prototype but give her a go. painted foam for abdomen and lots of dubbing.(Abdomen is a white wing cut off a spin-n-glo and glued onto fly with tip tied in) Paint is RAW SIENNA acrylic paint by Basics.

Name:	misc flies 001.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	47034
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails misc flies 002.jpg  

Here ya go cube01.... its a prototype but give her a go. painted foam for abdomen and lots of dubbing.(Abdomen is a white wing cut off a spin-n-glo and glued onto fly with tip tied in) Paint is RAW SIENNA acrylic paint by Basics.
    Should work well for fishing on the surface! I fish them on top sometimes, but mostly sub-surface.
    Another surface fished variation that Matt at 3-Rivers was doing is a deer hair version. I'm not sure if he is on here or not - if he is, maybe he'll post his?

It should suspend I did 20 wraps of .25 lead. And the foam should make it act injured. We will have to see gonna go drop it in some water....... and verdict is she sank and wobbled

It should suspend I did 20 wraps of .25 lead. And the foam should make it act injured. We will have to see gonna go drop it in some water....... and verdict is she sank and wobbled
    Pretty cool...
    So many patterns, so little time!!

I've had a couple tying get-togthers with a few friends out here in the valley (they also occasionally troll this forum) at my place - I'll let you know next time we think we're gonna have one. It's usually only three of us or so. You're welcome to join us!

Sweet sounds good

You still going to 3 rivers on Saturdays??????? I keep meaing to get up and go but man that DA*& XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It keeps me up all night!

Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    You still going to 3 rivers on Saturdays??????? I keep meaing to get up and go but man that DA*& XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It keeps me up all night!
    Last weekend was our last weekend of tying for the winter... Too bad too, I really enjoyed it, and got me out of bed early on Saturdays!

I play guitar, so I got the new Stratocaster for Rock Band 3, the one that is a real guitar and you play the song for real - that has been keeping me up late as well... What are you playing?
    Who would have ever thought video games would be keeping grown men up so late... Maybe we need an XBox subforum?? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cube01 View Post
    Last weekend was our last weekend of tying for the winter... Too bad too, I really enjoyed it, and got me out of bed early on Saturdays!

I play guitar, so I got the new Stratocaster for Rock Band 3, the one that is a real guitar and you play the song for real - that has been keeping me up late as well... What are you playing?
    Who would have ever thought video games would be keeping grown men up so late... Maybe we need an XBox subforum?? Lol.
    they should come out with a fishing game about alaska too, then we can talk about it on the xbox sub forum!

I have been playing homefront..........decent game.

Occasionally troll my ass...