Thread: What's an Argo worth?

Default What's an Argo worth?

I've got an 8 wheel Argo with tracks approx 15 to 20 years old. Good condition, runs good. Does anybody have any idea what it might be worth?

got any pics? that would help
    "What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk? --Jack Handy

No but I'll take a couple shots tomorrow and post them

ive seen a few that old on craigslist. u could check prices there to come up with a number.

probably 500$ if it runs
    Semper Fi!

if running maybe a few grand. There is one on CL, an '83 guy wants 3500 I think for it. Its been for sale for awhile now.

That would be mine on there. try buying parts for those and you'll know why they cost more, besides they can fit upto four. jmo

Having flipped an Argo from CLs after getting a great deal on one, condition and extras make a lot of difference in my experience. Perhaps you have tracks, extra chains, cab or a rack. Cleaning it up helps sell it too, when I bought the 95 Argo with 52 hours on it, it had 6" of water in it with a skim or ice, dead battery, broken winch cable, rotting leaves and one of the 6 tires were flat. However the seller was happy with my $3200 offer as it had not moved in two years. I came out very good on that deal, changed all the fluids and winch cable, greased it up good, had it show room clean, tossed it on an extra trailer and sold as a package for a decent profit after about 40 hours of work into it. Deals like this don't come around much and might be considered to be in the too good to be true category. 1980s Argos that are beat up without extras show little value: http://www.nadaguides.com/Motorcycle.../Argo-ATV/ATVs

Quote Originally Posted by EBalaska View Post
    That would be mine on there. try buying parts for those and you'll know why they cost more, besides they can fit upto four. jmo
    Whats the deal with buying parts for an older one that make one worth more? Are the parts cheaper? I would have thought the older ones would be a nightmare to find parts for. Heck I can pretty much forget finding parts for my 1998 snowmachine easily. I may give you a call on that argo if you tell me whats special about their parts.

Little Joe Having sold a number of things in my life. You sell them for what someone will pay you for. Start High, then come down in price till its sold. Just use your best judgement as you will have your own personal variables, like time, cost aquired for, how fast you need money ect.

I look at like this. new clutch $425, new starter $325, rebuilt trans( all new brgs and gears and cover plate) $1100, new drive chains $180 engine is still great, AND you can fit 4 adults fairly comfortable. besides you can find junk 3,4 wheelers and snowmachines anywhere and of coarse really cheap, try finding argo or similars around I've looked.

older argos go for more than older four wheelers and you can still get parts for them no problem. Not like snow machines that was mentioned earlier. 15-20 years old and running and driving 3200 ish.
    He who don't float. Don't follow the ARGO!

Thanks guys for your opinions and input. I actually have 2 Argos, both approximately the same age, both run but the second one was picked up as basically a 'parts in case we ever need them' vehicle. Though the second runs good it does have a couple of flat tires and no tracks. The original Argo I was questioning about has to be 'jumped' once in a while to start on cold days. Nothing a new battery won't fix but all else works great, winch, tracks, drives great! snow to ice and in between. Do you think I could get $5,00 for both? No hurry to sell but I think now is the time to move them if anybody is interested

If you will take $5.00 for both..... I'll take them. DIBS!!!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Ill give you 500.00 for both