Thread: Wheat grass seed?

Default Wheat grass seed?

Wondering where I can find some locally (valley) - thanks for any help.

FYI - can't get any locally. Ordered off the internet.

Since you went online, did you try Tiensvold Farms by chance, out of Nebraska ?
    For others interested, I highly recommend what they sell, really the best I have tried after searching and experimenting all over Anch, Seattle, Calif., etc.

Sorry for no response Explorer, but I thought someone might come up with something in the valley.
    For a local option, you could try Enzyme Express in Anchorage, right down by REI, on Spenard.

They have told me they were thinking of selling it for folks, but if you called the guy and arranged it he'd add your order to his, and he does get good grass seed from somewhere
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Thanks, Kodiak. I went with Sprouthouse online, but I will keep Enzyme Express in mind in the future!

sorry but I think you are thinking of a great place in town that hasn't been around for a long time. The place you might be thinking of is organic oasis. they sell wheat grass not sure about the seed. Where I have always picked up wheat seed is the grocery called the natural pantry across from mountain view sports. they have it i'm sure.

Thanks Drifter, I think you are right, the EE has been long gone hasn't it?

So Organic Oasis, is right near Play It Again sports right, next lot over away from REI ?
    right near the "Pizza and movie" place, or across Spenard from EMS (is that Eastern Mtn Sports?)

Can you tell, I just drive around Anch by memory, hardly even know street names, just have a few landmarks in mind ???

Anyway, Organic Oasis, is a pretty good place, does have the BEST smoothies around, and when I first got into the Wheatgrass thing, the owner mentioned possibly adding my seed order to his store order, and he does get good stuff, but that was quite a while ago.

I highly recommend shopping around some tho,
    makes a BIG difference in the taste and yield, but just for the taste alone, find some good seed !!
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !