Thread: June/July guided trips----when to book?

Default June/July guided trips----when to book?

Hey all,

I'm thinking about a guided king salmon trip this summer in June or July, and I was wondering when I need to start getting dates together. I live in Palmer, AK, and work on the slope, so I'm fairly flexible with dates. If I wanted to get a prime date (say, middle of july for the late run) do I need to start making inquiries right away? I don't know how fast guided trip slots fill up as I've never done one.

Also, can anyone point me to a good resource with a list of guided companies? I'm interested in researching both motor and float trips on rivers.

The better guides are some times booked as much as a year in advance... Regular or repeat clientele will show up for a trip or so, and book the next year in advance... You might still be able to get a July date if you call now... I'm not positive anymore, but think you could get a list of river guides from the Soldotna/Kenai Chamber of Commerce... Google them - I'm reasonably sure the C of C has a web page.../John

Central Missouri

My wife & I book early (before October) each year & the services REALLY want to know by Thanksgiving if we are coming back (usually come up in mid / late July). If not they have a waiting list. This not only applies to the fishing guides, but the lodges also.
    You may be able to find a guide service, but you better do it ASAP.
    Just GOOGLE 'Kenai Fishing Guides'- there will be a ton of info to help you out.
    GOOD LUCK!!!

Soldotna AK, Eugene, OR

I book a year in advance so I can always get the days I want, my guide has July 13,14,16 avail I have all the rest of the days.