Thread: Large Rifle Primers: Which are the most rigid?

Default Large Rifle Primers: Which are the most rigid?

Many years ago, I remember cci was making extremely rigid primers capable of safe operation in semi autos that run the risk of a slap fire. Do these primers still exist? If they don't, does anyone know of a large rifle primer that's especially rigid, and tougher to ignite than others due to a stronger metal? In my experience, Remington Primers have been the softest, and I'm wondering about the other end of Primer Rigidity spectrum and what other's have experienced.

CCI #34 large rifle primers are the military contract primers available for reloading. If you can get your dealer to order them. They are available through midway, hi-tech ammo, and others as well.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    CCI #34 large rifle primers are the military contract primers available for reloading. If you can get your dealer to order them. They are available through midway, hi-tech ammo, and others as well.
    I agree, CCI 200 would be my second choice.