Thread: Tok to Dawson

Default Tok to Dawson

When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Default Tok to Dawson

It was -54 in Chicken this morning, and -48 in Dawson..

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Default Tok to Dawson

Lots of people had Frost bite and nip, I ended up with bad skin nip on my nose and cheek and my near my eyes, but I saw alot worse. One fellow that came up from Seattle for the trip will loose a good part of his ear. Lots of Duct tape being used to prevent Bite. Over 30 people dropped out in Tok and never left, some people did not machine back over the top from Dawson to Tok, they had people drive all the way to Whitehorse and up to Dawson with trailers. Load up the sleds and drive home in cars.

Default Max, glad you survived

Max, some of us were thinking they should have cancelled the run cuz of the extreme temps. Frostbite is no joke...but glad everyone survived and no breakdowns to speak of. Did you go to Gertie's? I assume Dawson opened up everything still,
    Mark

Default Very impressed!

Max, did you take any of the boy scouts with you? Those are harsh, almost cruel temps you road in. I haven't ridden in a while. There were a few occasion when we had to duct tape out helmets, but 50 below is downright cold! Did you camp outside, snowcave, or have cabins and lodges along the way? I am still thinking about bringing my machine up, but afraid because most of what I see are mountain sleds with extended tracks and I think I may be underpowered for the riding that you guys are doing.

Default No kids

The Trek commitee has a age limit of 19. so no scouts on that trip.
    It was pretty cold, When you dipped into the little valleys like over at the mining district, the temps just dropped like 20 degrees an you could feel it come right thru your clothes..
    Gerties was opened and they put on a great show,
    The locals were glad for the extra people and it was a fine time..
    next year it will be warmer..
    Max