Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cinnamon Colored Black Bears.........Where in Alaska...?

Default Cinnamon Colored Black Bears.........Where in Alaska...?

I have only ever seen one Cinnamon colored Black Bear in Alaska. Where have you seen Cinnamon colored Black Bears in Alaska...?

There were quite a few taken around the Fairbanks area last year I say around as this is the F&G location where they got sealed.

a buddy of mine and I were hunting straight across from Homer in Chinapoot bay and he shot a small cinnamon bear.We called the taxidermist before we took it in and were told there was know way we could have shot a color phased bear, they don't exist in those parts.He could not believe it when we brought it in.

Copper Basin and upper Tanana here. Don't know that it matters. Probably are all over.

Quote Originally Posted by mod elan View Post
    Copper Basin and upper Tanana here. Don't know that it matters. Probably are all over.
    I don't think they are all over if in 41 years I have only seen one.

lots of color phase blackies in northern southeast...lots. chocolate, cinammon, black (lots with white chest markings, but not always...) and blond...

near yakutat one spring, i spotted mostly jet black bears with little of the normal brown muzzle markings (as little as five or six in well over a hundred bear spotted)...never saw a blue color phase bear unfortunately...but boy, some bruisers in that country.

1st bear i ever shot in AK was a cinnamon. right here in the interior. seen a dandy on the game camera once too. he was imressive. chocolate like a lab.

I have actually seen quite a few cinnamon blackies in unit 13. I am not going to be any more specific than that. Some day I would like to go back there and get one myself. It was in an area I used to guide at and it was somewhat remote. Sorry I am not going to give away any more clues. I am afraid someone will figure it out.

have seen cinnamon blackies near tyonek and beluga across the inlet...friend of mine killed one over bait 2 years back in that area

Release Lake Trout

Took one in Valdez about seven years ago.

I've seen quite a few in our neck of the woods. I shot one in the Misty Fiord area and so did my son.

We had a cinnamon cub at our bait last year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Quote Originally Posted by MNViking View Post
    We had a cinnamon cub at our bait last year.
    Too bad the mom had cubs. She has a nice coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Too bad the mom had cubs. She has a nice coat.
    Actually, I take that back. Is that a little bit of rub on her right front shoulder?

Some years I will see 50% cinammon's and other years not so much. My daughter shot a 6'8" cinammon a few years ago. Big old bear!

Black is the color encountered most frequently across the state, but brown or cinnamon-colored black bears are sometimes seen in Southcentral Alaska and on the southeastern mainland. Cinnamon-colored black bears are also common in Alaska’s Interior. Some bluish-colored bears called glacier bears may be found in the Yakutat area and in other parts of Southeast Alaska.

35+ years here and have yet to see a color phase black bear. All have been jet black.

Haines was a good area. I took one the you would call blond and one that was truly a red headed stepchild but still no glacier bear
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I shot a 6'1" cinnamon while coming out of a Tok Sheep hunt. Soldotna local biologist thought I got it in Montana.

The only black bear I've seen that wasn't black,came from the Mcarthy area,a buddy and brother shot it and when took to fish and game they said there has been a few "brown" black bears that have came from there.When i first saw it,I thought they shot a cub grizz untill I really looked at it.I'lltry to dig up a pic.It's kinda of funny,my family is from were a pure "black" bear is rare,Dad only got two hunting with hounds for 30+ years,and up here it's all we usally see.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast