Thread: Mosin Project Done

Default Mosin Project Done

DSCN0090 2.jpg
    Here she is. I tried to keep it as original as possible. 17 inch barrel and just under 7 pounds.

Looks sweet - hows it shoot?
    Do anything to the trigger or keep it all original?
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Sweet, grass lakes! Love to see that sort of thing.
    Congrats, you will be prepared when the rag heads come a knockin'!

Nice rifle. Mean looking owner!
    That is the way I tried to look when boys started to show up on my porch to see my daughter many years ago.

Timney does make a great trigger for the Mosin which includes a built in thumb safety- a real step-up from the pull knob. http://timneytriggers.com/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=50 .Also, there are some nice peep sights out there which may help you improve the accuracy of your rifle. http://www.surplusrifle.com/reviews/mojom44/index.aspNether of those up-grades changes the aesthetics of the Mosin much, just makes it a little more fun to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    That is the way I tried to look when boys started to show up on my porch to see my daughter many years ago.
    The look was for the wife who said, " Well they way you look it takes away from the gun!" So I gave her the look....... I tried to keep it to original looks as possible. Like a "tanker" if the Soviets did it in the first place. I wish I could Tig weld so I could put the original front sight on rather then the ATI one on it now. It shoots ok. Not a tack driver, but 2-3" groups at 50 with surplus and standing with my eyes. I have about $100 into it. I like the "peep" sight idea........

Bet that carbine is fire breathin'!!!

Think about being a bear, you pull out an extremely loud, close to 6 foot flame and a percussion you can feel in your chest 15 feet away, oh and I almost forgot a 203 grain projectile at 2200 fps. That would get my attention...... In all honesty, this is also something that if I dropped, lost, got damaged, I wouldn't feel to bad about. That makes the project to me a good one. $100 project versus a $1200 rifle w/emotional ties.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    When my oldest daughter was growing up, I always told her she had to wait till she was 16, and I'd be in the back seat with a sawed off twelve. A few days after her 16th birthday, a young man knocked at the door to take her to a school dance, and wouldn't you know it, I was sitting on the couch in the living room, pushing a bore brush through a short barreled 870. That was 20 years ago, and she still ain't forgiven me. Honest mistake, really it was.....................