Thread: Aluminum Gas Checks

Default Aluminum Gas Checks

Any of you who use gas checks on your cast bullets know they are not exactly cheap anymore, they kind of rise and fall with the price of copper. Well, I was on Ebay this evening, and noticed somebody has aluminum gas checks for sale. I'm somewhat leery of new products I've never heard of. Any of you have experience with these, and if so what did you think of them? Are they well made, and do they stay on the bullets as well as copper ones?

Thanks,
    Marshall/Ak
    "I love my country...it's the government I'm scared of"

Marshall

Yes I do agree gas checks are just nuts at $55.00 per 1000 for my .500 bullets let alone all the other calibers .
    I have used and currently use aluminum gas checksand they work just like the copper ones . If you get the correct dia thickness the aluminum work great.
    It;s best to buy a check maker and make them your self .
    RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

I've been using aluminum checks for a couple of years now and if made right they work just as well as copper checks. There are several different check makers available from one that uses a hammer, punches and dies . So far I'm making checks in 22, 25, 30, 35,and 41cal. As time permits I will be adding 416,44 and 45cal. There is an whole section on home made checks on the web site of " cast boolits.com".