Thread: 416 Rem Mag Brass

Default 416 Rem Mag Brass

Ok I have been looking all over online and up here in Anchorage. I cant find any 416 Brass. Midway Usa no longer sells em and I dont feel like fire forming 375H&H Brass. Does anyone have any idea why brass for the 416 is impossible to find? I can find brass for a 577 tyrannosaur though. Is there that many people who own the 577? Anyway I know that there is got to be a few people up here that owns the 416 rem mag. So if anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it much.

Matt

Second place I looked: http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/...categoryId/858
    Therer are prob more - I just stopped looking.
    "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"

Did you actually read the page they all say" out of stock"
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Yeah thanks I have found tons of sites like the one you posted that say they sell 416 Rem mag brass But THEY ARE SOLD OUT and when you call them they tell you that they dont know if they will get any more in. And the fact that Midway doesn't carry them concerns me. Its not the fact that I cant find places that would sell them. I cant find places that have them in stock.

Opps! Sorry my mistake, looks like they are out of stock! If you don't want to fire form you could always take out a loan from the bank and buy some factory loaded 416 ammo!! Other than loaded ammo I couldn't find any plane brass either - much to my surprise! So what's
    the story - could the military be using up all the brass? Possible I guess - but just 416 brass? Anybody have an answer?

So true about the loan for factory ammo last time at sw it's 7 dollars a round.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Quote Originally Posted by shphtr View Post
    Opps! Sorry my mistake, looks like they are out of stock! If you don't want to fire form you could always take out a loan from the bank and buy some factory loaded 416 ammo!! Other than loaded ammo I couldn't find any plane brass either - much to my surprise! So what's
    the story - could the military be using up all the brass? Possible I guess - but just 416 brass? Anybody have an answer?
    The rumor I heard is they only make one run a year.
    Tennessee

Yeah tell me about it. $178.00 a box of 20. I Haven't bought brass for my 416 since I was 15 years old (11 years ago) and the brass I have has been loaded three times and with belted mags 4 loads is pushing it before your brass begins to crack and brake. If I have to I will have to fire form my brass.

There is some on Guns America

http://www.gunsamerica.com/972705914..._mag_brass.htm

Just did a google search, don't know the guy.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

4 reloads for brass, even magnum, seems a bit on the low side. Perhaps if not annealed that might be something to consider to extend the life and maybe even enhance accuracy.

Check gunbrokers, they have some for sale:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=219891407
    Tennessee