Thread: ds 136 info

Default ds 136 info

anyone have good info for hunting sheep in bird, ship creek area? It's the august hunt. Have heard north side of n. fork ship creek, but trying to research this hunt as much as possible so to be prepared. Will be goin in horseback.

Great place to find rams; at least it used to be. I think it still beats most places in the Park nowadays. Access by Bird Creek. Any rams that are still available are mostly in 3 areas. Want to know more: post an e-mail for me.

t-storm,
    ...the hunt I dream about....
    First listen to everything Cheech says. He has more experience in that area, and advacent area, than any other forum menber (I believe).
    Consider the area above Heritage Falls also.
    And you too will have a great summer scouting and hiking the sheep basins up high.
    dennis

Hi Cheech, you can email me at tobycooper@mac.com

Cheech or t-storm - I'm also interested in this area, I have the late season bow tag (DS 140).

My e-mail is castaway727@hotmail.com

Cheech,

I'm in the same boat. Scouting the area for my dad who got the DS237 tag this year. We'll be on foot. I've been scouting the area this summer from the obious access points, but there always seems to be some "secret" sheep hunters pass that I find out about after I hunt an area. you can email me at jeffk@gci.net

Like Dennis said, this is the tag I dream of.......I often envisioned my wife dropping me off on the Seward Hwy just so I can hike among all those Sierra Club trekkies, then down to the Hwy to Hitchhike my way back into Anchorage with a big sheep on my back.................

I'll be headed in on the 9th. I've google earth flown the area till my eyes bled, envisioning giant rams unaware of my presence while they graze in the view of my luepold reticle. Unfortunately, the pilot that did the sheep survey for f&g told me he didn't see any rams where I'll be hunting, nothing big anyway. Apparently, all the big ones are in the "closed area".

T-storm,

Closed area huh? Whoever taught sheep to read a map was a real -hole. I'll hit you up after your hunt and see if you're more talkative...

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Like Dennis said, this is the tag I dream of.......I often envisioned my wife dropping me off on the Seward Hwy just so I can hike among all those Sierra Club trekkies, then down to the Hwy to Hitchhike my way back into Anchorage with a big sheep on my back.................
    HAHA too funny would rep, but gotta "spread the love".