Thread: More, what a grouse sees of a pointing dog!

Default More, what a grouse sees of a pointing dog!

A couple of images of young Charlie staunchly pointing grouse last fall.

This was a nice point on some sharptails in a windrow. Running SOBs! I came in ahead of the dog, saw one lone bird, the last of what appeared to have been three birds, scooting up the windrow. With three birds of a five bird limit already in my bag I stopped to take this photo before moving up, flushing that trailing bird, and putting him in my game bag. The others flushed way up ahead and I let them go and head off in another direction.

I believe this was a ruffed grouse point. Total concentration. Totally under the spell of bird scent and great genetics and training.

Jim

Jim, you keep posting pics like this and you are going to end up making me buy a Brittany...

Those Brittanies are really stunning in person. I think my next dog will be a blue heeler, but right now a Boxer has my heart.

LuJon,

Go ahead, there's a pup out there just waiting go home with you!

Tailwind,

Handsome pair of dogs! Very nice animals. I love 'em all.

Have any of you seen the Brittany and English Setter on Youtube; two dogs alone and one injured or sick and the other stays with his sick pal and shows great affection and concern for his sick pal. It will make a tough guy cry, I tell you.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McCann View Post

Have any of you seen the Brittany and English Setter on Youtube; two dogs alone and one injured or sick and the other stays with his sick pal and shows great affection and concern for his sick pal. It will make a tough guy cry, I tell you.

Jim
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theloo...-in-the-rubble

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one getting a little damp-eyed when I saw that. I read a report that both dogs had been taken to vets and that somebody had donated a bunch of money for those two in particular after the video hit the internet.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Very nice pictures Jim. You are going to make me buy a nice double if you keep posting pics like those!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyD View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theloo...-in-the-rubble

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one getting a little damp-eyed when I saw that. I read a report that both dogs had been taken to vets and that somebody had donated a bunch of money for those two in particular after the video hit the internet.
    I am so glad to hear that. My in-laws say my love for dogs is shameful, I figure they just don't understand. Something about unrelenting loyalty strikes a chord deep inside my soul. I'm not embarrased to say I got a little choked up. Thanks for the follow up, SD, it's good news.
    I'm lucky to have a guardian angel, too.

I too get choked up and should probably never watch those type of videos. There is just something so different and special about dogs, I've always thought folks who don't love dogs have a serious character flaw.
    And nice photos too by the way.

Love the pics Jim! Love all my dogs as well!

Thanks, Hoyt!

Jim

Great Pics as usual Jim

Thanks, Charlie!