Thread: PREDATOR Call, What is the very BEST...BEST..???

Default PREDATOR Call, What is the very BEST...BEST..???

OK, I don't care that you own "Blah-Blah-Blah" Predator call and it works you. I am sure they all work.
    My question is setting aside any cost considerations, What is the best electric Predator Caller Period.....?
    This would be used 95% from the cabin (As in me inside nice warm cabin & speaker located down the power line).

Thank You

I am sure snocammoman will chime in but I think he tried them all and settled on the Foxpro CS-24 as the best for AK. I plan on buying one before next season based on his recommendation.

Since you wanna stay in your cabin why not an electric fan and a skillet of bacon frying, front door open and see what ambles in?

I guess I SHOULD have added The Best and where to buy the best......? I have credit card points to use with Cabela's. But not stuck on Cabela's.
    Also is there a way to transmit to the speaker using an antenna on the cabin roof, that would allow for more range......?

I just cup my hands and Holwell if its Wolves, purse my wet lips and squeele if its anything else.........The best for me, works just dandy
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I think the FoxPro line is the best. They have new models that I am not familiar with, but I think overall their performance and quality leads the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    OK, I don't care that you own "Blah-Blah-Blah" Predator call and it works you. I am sure they all work.
    My question is setting aside any cost considerations, What is the best electric Predator Caller Period.....?
    This would be used 95% from the cabin (As in me inside nice warm cabin & speaker located down the power line).

Thank You
    If you're being serious about your hunting method, I'm not sure how successful you'll be... Also, I feel like your question is a little flawed. Different calls work better than others in different situations. If you're going to call over and over again in the same locations (like from your cabin) you might need several different types of electronic and mouth calls to keep animals from becoming call shy.

Quote Originally Posted by lab man View Post
    If you're being serious about your hunting method, I'm not sure how successful you'll be... Also, I feel like your question is a little flawed. Different calls work better than others in different situations. If you're going to call over and over again in the same locations (like from your cabin) you might need several different types of electronic and mouth calls to keep animals from becoming call shy.
    NO....My thought is call every 15 minutes, Starting (1) One hour before daylight. And stop just after daylight. Same thing at night. It is just something to do in the winter, maybe make some money. It is not intended as being sporting, It is intended as a method of culling some predators around the farm.

You can hunt and do the dishes, same time ~~LOL!!~~ Sounds good to me
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

i call with an open reed mouth call, but have heard lots of good things from guys using foxpro's and the wildlife technologies calls...i've come pretty close to getting the latter a few times...five hundred bones was the clincher...that and the knowledge that i can do what i wanna do with a mouth blown call

i think that the foxpro line of calers is the best, most crisp sounding callers out there. and my personal favorite call they make is the scorpion. the scorpion is the most for your money most practical caller they make. it has good memory storage, a great speaker, and is a practical portibal caller. i would recomend the scorpion.
    We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect. - (Aldo Leopold)

If you want the best caller (in my opinion), the FoxPro CS-24 is the way to go. Order it from FoxPro and have them customize it like mine with two female jacks on the rear cap. Ask for Steve Dillon at FoxPro and tell him you want yours setup like mine, he'll know what you're talking about. Then, use 14.8 Li-Ion battery packs so that it will run all day in -40F if you want. You can run the 10AA packs of Ni-MH's as well, just that the 14.8's are smaller, lighter, and work flawlessly in the cold. That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it

I have a WT MA-21, Minaska UO, FoxPro Scorpion, and a bunch of other callers in my arsenal and the CS-24 blows them all out of the water.

Edit to add;
    It'll work out of the cabin too if you want.

Snowcamoman- I've been looking real hard at the CS-24 for my next purchase and appreciate all you reports and input regarding it. Question I have is what are having the two female ports installed on the back for and is the battery pack you're using rechargeable? Not to long ago Fox Pro had a free upgrade with a larger than standard speaker, I think they referred to it as TOA 15. For what you have have been using it for, would you consider upgrading if you were purchasing a new one? I thought you said the one you have had enough volume, so the extra size in upgrading might just make it heavier and bulkier without any real gain. Appreciate your opinion-Thanks