Thread: Watch those ricochets

Default Watch those ricochets

Never knew they could come stright back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABGIJwiGBc

I have a scar on my cheek that proves that they come back... And it hurt like hell as it stuck in the windshield of our truck. I learned a very good lesson that day.

I was range master for cowboy shooting and watched the bullet hit the target and come right back and hit the shooter in the neck, I pulled the jagged bullet remains from his neck, it was about 3/8" round and just a little was sticking out of his skin, Another good reason to wear safety glasses and long sleeve shirts.

I have a cousin that lost an eye from shooting a .22 at a rubbermaid trash can.

I got hit with a .38 special ricochet. Bounced off a rock and a fragment stuck in my arm. luckily it didn't go in deep, but I wear longsleeves now.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

That is one lucky mofo!!
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

Buddy was playing with steel core rounds out of his Mosin and had one come back and bury in his calf. At first the doc's were going to leave it in there but he ended up getting it surgically removed a few months later when it was still making it impossible to run. Could have been worse though since he was kneeling for the shot and positioned directly behind the calf was a much more sensitive and irreplaceable appendage!

I missed a can sitting on a rail road tie once with a 45LC lead RN bullet at about 25 yards - I actually saw the bullet come back right by my head as it bounced off the tie - yikes! It looked like slow motion yet I would not have been able to get outa the way had it come right at me...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I had a .308 come flying back at me when we were shooting at the steel gong. It's pretty scary when it is whizzing back at ya always wear eye protection and long sleeves.

And to think that there are people who say barking a squirrel is an old wives tail! I schrapneled a lot of them to death with dad's old 222 on purpose!

We were out shooting muzzleloaders years ago and had our target hung on a hedge fence post. The next day I had my truck window down and noticed my truck making a funny noise when going slow. One of those roundballs had bounced back and gone through the aluminum hub cap and was clunking with every revolution of the wheel!

And to think that people have given me grief over wearing concealable body armor to a public range.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    And to think that there are people who say barking a squirrel is an old wives tail! I schrapneled a lot of them to death with dad's old 222 on purpose!

We were out shooting muzzleloaders years ago and had our target hung on a hedge fence post. The next day I had my truck window down and noticed my truck making a funny noise when going slow. One of those roundballs had bounced back and gone through the aluminum hub cap and was clunking with every revolution of the wheel!
    Hmmm, whenever I drove thru Iowa I just thought all them vehicles with bullet holes were just "bargains" all you Iowegians had picked up at auctions down in Missouri EKC?
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....