Thread: long lake was a bust

Default long lake was a bust

caught a small burbot and two dollys and a nice char used shrimp and eggs seems to work well but the fish were out in the deep about 30 feet going to check out mirror lake does any one have any tips for that lake

Sounds like a good trip to me! Just being able to get out in this beautiful spring weather is good enough for me catching several fish well thats a big bonus!

try some herring!
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Thinking of heading out there this weekend since I have never caught a bubot. Will be bringing some herring and a few tip ups!!! Will I need an extension for my auger? Also, does anyone know if Long Lake falls under the knik regulations (i.e. 5 burbot and can use up to 5 lines as long as they are set up for burbot)?

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanhunter View Post
    caught a small burbot and two dollys and a nice char used shrimp and eggs seems to work well but the fish were out in the deep about 30 feet going to check out mirror lake does any one have any tips for that lake
    Mirror lake in Eagle River? I fished it a bunch in the winter a couple years ago. Did well straight out from the park about 300 yards in about 6-7' of water. I don't think they stocked it last year so there might not be a whole lot of fish left. Used to catch A LOT of dinker cohos and a few bows that would go 12'. Just keep punching holes until you find fish. A vexilar helps out to!
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"