Thread: Harding Lake Project; 19 March 2011

Default Harding Lake Project; 19 March 2011

I have been fishing Harding Lake a handfull of times every hardwater season, for the last 5 years. Looking for one of those elusive lakers or artic char which I have seen a picture of every blue moon on a forum post. Today was another chance, went out with another forum member, alcanron, whom in his own right has put in as much time as I have in the last five years, in this season alone. We also met up with, Gutleap. I am lucky to have been around a couple of great sportsmen, and enjoying fellowship with them today. Looking forward to doing it all again.

I was able to see alcanron do his magic on a awesome laker. Head shakes all the way up from 90 feet below. Very glad to see him get pay dirt for all his efforts + time & money, and for everyone he has taken fishing to Harding this season. He really made Harding his project this season and the laker today was worth it all I am sure he would say.

I was even lucky enough to catch my first fish from Harding. It was not the huge laker I have been after, but at least I made some progess by catching a modest sized arctic char finally from the black hole.

Video report to be posted soon. Special thanks to Gutleap who was able to get some great photos of the experience. Great to meet you today and hope I can see you in action at Clearwater this July!

The results:

Alcanron

My dinker (hey.... I had to push it out cause ron's fish was so big)
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Very Nice! Looking forward to the video. Headed out for round two in the morning.

****! Nice fish guys! Sounded like an exciting day.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Great looking fish! Bet it was a blast reeling in that beast from that depth.

It was a most pleasurable day on the ice with a couple of fellow sportsmen. Although I did not catch one, it was just as enjoyable to be around someone that did. The excitement when AlcanRon hooked into his Harding lake behemoth was contagious. We estimated it between 15-18 lbs. The stick of knowledge shows the length. Congrats on a great fish Ron and also to JediMasterSalmonSlayer on his first catch from Harding.

Congrats all, Looking forward to heading out again. Was cool to see you out there this weekend Dennis. Haven't seen you in a long time. Nice to meet you AlcanRon. Fish on and if you all feel generous go ahead and pm me what the secret weapon is for catchin those lakers! lol

Quote Originally Posted by plentycoupe View Post
    Congrats all, Looking forward to heading out again. Was cool to see you out there this weekend Dennis. Haven't seen you in a long time. Nice to meet you AlcanRon. Fish on and if you all feel generous go ahead and pm me what the secret weapon is for catchin those lakers! lol
    Ron has the fish dialed in on 7 & 7 now....my liver is bad and I may have to be sick this week to catch at least one lake trout. It was also good to see you again, I know your busy getting ready for deployment. Glad you got out to the lake. what secret...haha
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com