Thread: 2 cots in a Cabelas 4-man?

Default 2 cots in a Cabelas 4-man?

I'm looking for a tent for fly-out rafting. Have used the Cabelas Guide 6-man a couple of times. Enough room for 3 guys on cots with misc gear / dry bags tucked around inside. Question is... can I do the same for 2 guys in a 4-man? Cabelas website indicates the 4-man floor is 56 ft2, hexigon. If round it would have a diameter of about 8'. Seems a little tight for two 6'3" x 2'6" cots. Would want a small gap between cots so my cot does not get pushed around by the other one at night. Anybody with one of these tents used two cots? Thanks much.

Yes you can fit two cots. I'm not sure the dimensions exactly of our cots, but we use two cots in there with plenty of room, if floorspace wasn't an issue, you could fit 3.

you guys must be using small cots, I can get three in an 8 man guide tent, two in a 6 man, I use the xl cots from sportsmans anything smaller and I ain't comfy.

Length at longest point: 9 feet (corner to corner)
    Width: front to back: 99 inches
    side to side: 110 inches
    Each of six hexes measures 54 inches long
    Door is 33 inches high x 45 inches wide

My cots are 75"x25"

Default 3 years on the forum almost every day, finally figure how to post pictures

[IMG][/IMG]

how you gonna get 3 cots in there?
    this is the biggest problem with a non square tent floor....fittin' cots.
    the cabela's XPG tents are square and what i use, i can get two full size cots in there pretty well. but a 4 man don't offer much head room and sitting on a cot is tough. i prefer a allgash cot from byers of maine. low to the ground, way lighter, just as comfy and keeps the room in the tent without makin' it feel crowded.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I bought the tent with the plan to only use 2 cots. Never planned on 3. just.for.kicks asked if you can fit 2 cots in a cabela's 4 man guide tent. You can. I agree 100% that the square design works better with cot placement and generally less poles to mess with. 6 poles to guide into 4 sleeves on the top and a ton of clips all over the tent, but when it's together it's very strong. Large vestibule as well.

ya they are nice tents as well...probably better than the XPG but the weight is an issue for me flying in. kodiak i use the XWT, and its amazing....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

It was a toss up for me between the XPG and the Guide model. The tipping point was familiarity. I knew no one else with the XPG, and I've camped and know several people with the guide model series. That was it.