Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: high quality hip waders

Default high quality hip waders

Looking for a really nice set of hip waders .If anybody has recommendations would be appreciatied.
    ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

I really like La Crosse ankle fit hip boots, they are comfortable and durable. I have slogged many miles in them. TS

"AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE."

JOHN VIII - XXXII

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Smith View Post
    I really like La Crosse ankle fit hip boots, they are comfortable and durable. I have slogged many miles in them. TS
    Hard to beat.

I really like the La Crosse ankle fit with the air bob sole, as well and have worn out several pairs over the years, but I would be tempted to give the muck hip boots a shot. I have a pair of the muck knee boots and they are fantastic! They are very warm, comfortable, have decent support, and durable. I cannot help to think that their hip boots wouldn't also be great. The only draw back to them would be that they will be warm.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

The LaCrosse is about it, but a darned poor replacement for the Marathon boot of two decades ago.

Default hip boots

Does anybody know of where I could find the lacroose boots in Fairbanks or Anchorage? Also do you know what weight is for a pair? I'm also considering the neos hip boots they slip over boots and are 5 lbs any comparisons between the two would be appreciatied.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by VernAK View Post
    The LaCrosse is about it, but a darned poor replacement for the Marathon boot of two decades ago.
    ďA man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him,and leaving something of himself upon it -- Sir Martin Conway

http://www.lacrossefootwear.com/big-...-32-22183.html

The Big Cheif's have the air grip sole. And insulated.

When B&J commercial in Anchorage gets their hip boots on the shelf, they carry Lacrosse. I was there last week they only had knee boots.

Sounds like Lacrosse is the ticket. Sometimes I need some hipboots rather than bust out the chestys

You can buy Lacrosse at Mountain View Sports in Anchorage.

sportsmans in wasilla has them i'd imagine anch store does as well.
    best i ever used was the old cabela's ankle fit hippers, then they sent the boot contract to japan or something and came up with the "guide series" pieces of trash. worst hippers i've ever seen now. luckly i bought three pair of the old kind...still using the same pair 4 years later or whatever it is.
    Master guide license #212.....now what?!

Sportsman's in Fairbanks has the Lacrosse ankle fit hip boots as well. Lacrosse also makes a conditioner to protect the rubber during storage. Sportsman's did not have the conditioner, but I found some over at Frontier Outfitter's. Frontier had the neo hip boots as well, but the Lacrosse boots appear more durable (wall thickness) and less expensive.

During a search for hip boots I found this thread, decided to look up reviews on the Lacrosse ankle fit and found them to be leaning toward mostly negative comments based on their usefulness in Alaska for hunting..... Thought I'd share.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Footw...3Bcat104108580

Quote Originally Posted by BIG 27 View Post
    I'm also considering the neos hip boots they slip over boots and are 5 lbs any comparisons between the two would be appreciatied.
    Tim,
    I've been using the Neos River trekker for two years... I'll never go back to a heavy rubber hipper ever.

The Neos are not ideal for standing in water for hours on end like you might while fishing but they are great for walking through boggy areas and stream crossings. Very easy to get on and off as the terrain changes. I hate hiking in rubber boots of any kind, with the trekkers I can hike in my hiking boots and put on the waders when I get to water or swamps.

Quote Originally Posted by akiceman25 View Post
    During a search for hip boots I found this thread, decided to look up reviews on the Lacrosse ankle fit and found them to be leaning toward mostly negative comments based on their usefulness in Alaska for hunting..... Thought I'd share.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Footw...3Bcat104108580

Your post is on the Cabela's brand, last i checked cabela's didn't carry the ankle fit LaCross hippers. These are the same one BRWNBR mentions on.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntNBgame View Post
    Your post is on the Cabela's brand, last i checked cabela's didn't carry the ankle fit LaCross hippers. These are the same one BRWNBR mentions on.
    This is the same link I put up

-akiceman25
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

I don't care what anyone says rubber hippers are disposable, I buy hundred dollar boots and by the next spring they are always checked at the fold marks, junk junk junk. And when I have tried to return them it's always the same thing you have to send them back to the manufacturer. Well finally I located some hodgman canvas hippers at 3 rivers out here in wasilla maybe they will stand the test of me, if they do as well as I hope they might make it more than a single season
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

I own a pair of Frogg Toggs hip boots and have found them to own up pretty good to the usage I put them through. There are very comfortable and easy to put/clip on.
    Hate America??....then get the Hell Out!!!

Default Lacrosse Ankle Fit Waders

I bought a pair in March and also bought the conditioner to treat them. So far, they have proved to be very durable and comfortable. I have put some conditioner on them one time (not that they probably needed it) to be safe. I know I don't even have one season on them, but I believe if I put them up right when winter hits then they will be ready to go next spring.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntNBgame View Post
    http://www.lacrossefootwear.com/big-...-32-22183.html

The Big Cheif's have the air grip sole. And insulated.
    I have a pair of those but they don't fit well over my Viking sized calves especially when wearing wool pants. They'd be much better if they were bigger and gusseted at the calf and thigh.
    Now what ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast