Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: inter arms mini mauser

Default inter arms mini mauser

i recently came across a gun that i am takeing intrest in. its a interarms mini mauser. i think its a mark X? the only problem is i know nothing about this particular gun. what dose one in close to new condition usualy go for? can anyone enlighten me about this gun?
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

Joe, I always search the auction sites for prices when I'm interested in a particular rifle. That should give you a idea as to market price.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/950684385...Mauser_223.htm

Good luck

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

These were made in 223 and 7.62x39. They were discontinued as Mini Mark's and were then manufactured and labeled for Remington for some time then were discontinued by Remington. The ones from Remington had laminated Boyds stocks on them.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

I have a rifle with one of the Charles Daly mini-mauser actions which fell between the time of Interarms and Remington. They're all the same gun from the same factory though.

I love mine. It was custom built in 6.8 SPC. I bought one of the Boyd's stocks for it and re-worked it to shed some weight. They're great little guns.

If I didn't have a new 22 magnum levah, I'd surely go for one of those mini mausers. CZ always did a good job with their mini mausers though, excpept that goofy protruding magazine. Anybody know why they switch so many folks who put their name on these particular rifles? Is it like that Howa/ legacy/weatherby vangaurd kinda deal?

matnaggewinu

I have a Remington 799 in 222(same gun)! The mini mausers were all well designed and very functional! My only gripe was the little bolt handle...not much to grab for when needing a fast follow up shot!

I've never known of one to have any problems!

what are they worth? auction sites show everything from 300-800 bucks.
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

Quote Originally Posted by joefish00000 View Post
    what are they worth? auction sites show everything from 300-800 bucks.
    Ah young Joe, you have much to learn. Now that you have an idea of the price range, worth becomes a matter of how bad you want to buy and how bad the seller wants to sell. You offer 300, they ask for 800, you counter offer 400 and so on.

You find all the flaws, they point out the strong points ect.....

At some point you will meet in the middle or move on to the next must have.

Good Luck

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"

Cool rifles, been wanting one myself for some time. Just as a thought to add info , if you do get it and someday fancy a synthetic handle. Doc Roland at MPI makes a neat little ultralite stock for those, if I recall the whole gun in one of his stocks weighs like 3.75lb. I handled one in 7.62x39 that he had done up at a show in Dallas a couple years ago. My first thoughts were really cool truck gun or deer rifle for small statured kids. I have a cousin who is about 12 but only weighs maybe 50lb and one of those would likely be about right for her.
    But anyway cool gun, hope you snag it at a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    My only gripe was the little bolt handle...not much to grab for when needing a fast follow up shot!
    No Kidding EKC! With the scope on there, you really are only able to grab onto the knob on the end of the bolt handle. Good thing these aren't dangerous game rifles. Nonetheless, still a good action. Mine has a fairly heavy barrel countour and with the laminated stock it's nowhere near as light as it could be, but it's very compact which I like.

The mini-Mauser and its full-sized M-98 brother are manufactured by Zastava in Serbia. They can be a little rough, but otherwise solid rifles. They were imported at one time by Interarms with the Mark X label. Some how or another the 'Whitworth' name ended up on some of them.

Chuck Daly (KBI) imported them after the Klintoon era trade embargo was lifted on Serbia. Remington then imported them for awhile and managed to ruin a good thing. Now they are being imported i believe by EAA. The down side is the after Remington got their grubby fingers on them the left hand models were no longer available.

I have two of the LH Chuck Daly marked actions that are going to be turned into useable rifles some day.
    Now what ?

Named Mini Mk X and Model 799.

I have a Interams 223 and 7.62 and a Rem Hornet. Cute guns

As noted Interarms, Chs Daly, Rem and EAA have brought the rifle in from Yugoslavian now Serbia.

Cals included 22 hornet, 223, 222, 22 22/250 and 7.62X39

Hornet has a detachable magazine.

Early ones have guide rib on the bolt like the Sako. Latest Rem models do not, but the recvr is machined for one.

Extractor is not the M98 and ejection is a plunger, not true Mauser M98.

Interarms used a Sile stock covered in polurethane or something shiny, The Daly's were not the best looking stcok, the Rem laminate looks OK.

Neat guns, buy it! Hope that helps!

Default Interarms mini mauser

I am building one up now. What scope should I use. All of mine are just too big.

Quote Originally Posted by willy1947 View Post
    I am building one up now. What scope should I use. All of mine are just too big.
    I have a Nikon Pro-Staff 2-7x32 on mine and like it a lot. If I were buying today, I would buy the Redfield 2-7x33 but I still like the Nikon.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by allen-ak View Post
    Extractor is not the M98 and ejection is a plunger, not true Mauser M98.
    That was my understanding. That they aren't just scaled down Mausers.

Those CZs would be almost irresistable if they made'm in 6.5 Grendel, or at least some cartridge that had some poop.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

You aint kiddin smitty.

I remember reading a magazine article around the time I owned the CZ carbine in 7.62x39 where the author had his re-barreled to 6.8 spc and took a nice deer with it. I was tempted to at least consider a new barrel for a cartridge based on the 7.62x39 case....or heck even the 6.8 SPC.

Aside from the protruding magazine, I have yet to find a bolt rifle that had a smoother action than that cz micro bolt. The turkish walnut looked very good too.

matnaggewinu

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    Those CZs would be almost irresistable if they made'm in 6.5 Grendel, or at least some cartridge that had some poop...
    I've always thought one chambered in .300 Whisper would be neat. Moreso for the 125gr supersonic load than the heavier suppressor loads but maybe the 7.62x39 is just as well.

Nice idea for a scope. You are thinking like me, smallscope to match the rifle. Thanks
    I just got my Bell and Carson stock / total weight, 6 pounds 10 oz less scope.
    With you idea of a scope that will keep it under 7 1/2 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    That was my understanding. That they aren't just scaled down Mausers.

Those CZs would be almost irresistable if they made'm in 6.5 Grendel, or at least some cartridge that had some poop.

Smitty of the North
    The Interarms Manchester Mini Mausers have the mauser ejector. The newer Remington mini's were changed to the Remington type ejector. I have a Interarms Manchester made in Yugoslyvia in 1987. Hope it helps.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by willy1947 View Post
    The Interarms Manchester Mini Mausers have the mauser ejector. The newer Remington mini's were changed to the Remington type ejector. I have a Interarms Manchester made in Yugoslyvia in 1987. Hope it helps.
    Thanks.
    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast