Thread: Anyone have a Leica RIFLESCOPE?

Default Anyone have a Leica RIFLESCOPE?

I had a chance to buy one when they were going to stop making them and didn't. I wish I had, it was the clearest scope I have ever looked through. they were built by Leupold and used Leica glass, all 30mm tubes.....anyone have one they don't want anymore?

Default i have one

you're right, very nice scope. not for sale though.

Default Leica rifle scopes

Not interested in parting with any of the ones that I have....but there was one on ebay last week...I think a 4.5 x 14. They do show up there from time to time so you might keep a watch there.

Highcountry,I have one the 4.5x14x42 like new still have original wood box.Has slight ring marks used one season bought big swarovski, Ron at 907-335-0189

I'm sure who ever else has one, will trade for a Schmidt and Bender scope in a heartbeat.....K

.......no......

Default Leica scopes

There have been 11 of them for sale on eBay this month, they went from $558-$826. I have a 1.75-6x32 on a 376 Steyr, it is an excellent match for the rifle. I also own a 4.5-14 w/ an AO on a 300 Weatherby. The only complaints I have with the scopes is the rubber eyepiece has been lost on both of mine and the power selector ring has a very plieable rubber overlay that will come off if you are hasty in your power changes. These design flaws, in my opinion, will keep me from spending money for anymore of these scopes. Yes, they are minor, but when I pay that kind of $ for a product, it should be well made in every aspect. Clarity wise, the are very good, and the FOV on my low power scope is fantastic. I have put nearly 1200 rounds downrange w/ the Steyr and never experienced any issues other than those I have already mentioned. I have known of several (7 or so) of these scopes failing on rifles in the snappy recoiling rifles such as the Ultras and Weatherby's. But I have also seen a fair number of Leupolds get eaten up by the same style rifles after many rounds. If you are in Anchorage, go into Great Northern Guns and ask what they think of the Leica's. I think they told me once, "they came to us in a very nice wooden box, and many of them came back the same way." To me, my current faith lies with the Nightforce line of scopes. Yes they are pricey, but they are very well built.

Good Luck and Good Glassing

Todd Langford

Default Leica scopes

Leicas are still available at SWFA.com

Default Leica rifle scopes are back in production

Doug at Camera Land has them.

"AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE."

JOHN VIII - XXXII

Thumbs down wouldn't own a leica

There good stuff but my buddies glasses needed some repairs and he brought them to the only leica repair/dealer in Anch and they charged him 600 bucks for what should have been free like any other quality equiptment would have been,
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

I seem to remember that Leica is coming back out with them, but they are predicting they'll hit the market around Christmas. Maybe??? I believe they are on the Cameraland website, but they aren't available yet.

Brett