Thread: how well do the 100gr Slick tricks work?

Default how well do the 100gr Slick tricks work?

I have about two dozen 100 gr slick tricks that I planned to use on caribou last year haven't heard good or bad about them. My brother uses Muzzy heads and hasn't heard of them either. If anyone has any info or personal experience hunting with them let me know how well they worked and what types of critters you have taken with them.

Thank you

I had a set but never used them. Really well built heads! I've heard nothing but great things about these heads. Go on archerytalk.com, every one raves about them and even here on AOD, very popular broadhead for any game. I would use them but I just prefer my Magnus stingers more.

I used them on my Ft. Rich moose hunt this year and one did the job on a nice bull.

I first used 100gr Slick Tricks on a recommendation from a friend of mine. He and his sons are avid bowhunters and have dispatched many whitetails with them. I have shot a caribou, and I have friends that have shot three moose with them over the past few of seasons. They are tough, tough broadheads. They fly well and leave a wake of dead critters in their paths.

A friend shot a brownie with one a couple years ago. One shot and done.

One of the best heads on the market. They are sharp, very accurate, tough, punch a huge hole, and are reasonably priced. Got a muskox and an arctic fox with one last week.

I shot a moose with one did not hit any bone except the ribs and Did not get a pass thru. It did not break the hide on the other side. Second shot on it was an identical hit with a Magnus Stinger and it was a pass thru.

I have the 125 grain magnum and shoot a relatively low draw weight with a short draw length and it performed very well on an elk two years ago when hunting with my son. My son has taken elk, mule deer, and turkey with his. I have carried them for moose but haven't been able to zero in a legal one as yet. VERY accurate, strong,sharp and deadly.

Thank you all for your info.

awesome head...they are all i use...took my bull moose down in about 12 seconds. shot him through both lungs quartering away. tough and fly excellent

I can definately attest to their cutting ability. Tried to take 2 fingers off while changing out the blades!

My dad swears by them. He has taken 2 nice whitetails with them and says they fly just like his field tips. He will be hunting caribou with them in August on a charter out of happy valley.

When Jerry (Fletcher Archery)first got ahold of some for testing several years ago, he gave them to me to try as I was headed to Africa for the second time. Shooting a Heavy (82 lbs) bow, and heavy carbons I took many large, heavy boned animals w/ excellent results everytime. Since then I've been using them almost exclusively and have never had a failure or even a bent blade. You won't be dissappointed, Great head!

Jerry Fletcher got me hooked on them several years ago as well. I've taken grizzly and brown bears, musk ox, bison, moose and caribou with them and have never had problems.