Thread: Who is Andy Hawk?

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Default Who is Andy Hawk?

Every once in a while, someone, Alangaq, for instance will mention a Gunsmith, named, "Andy Hawk".

Does someone know about him, and the name of his shop, or location, of it.

Thank You,
    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I heard of Andy Hawk from Alangaq too. For me, Andy's mounted scopes, inspected new purchases, installed iron sights on rifles - is reliable & conscientious about the work in my experience. If I ever have a rifle built, might be with Andy Hawk.

Hawk's Gunsmithing, Tracks Of Alaska
    644 Fischer Avenue
    Anchorage, AK 99518-1845
    Phone: (907) 562-0881 Map: http://www.manta.com/cmap/mmj1qmf/hawks-gunsmithing

I know Andy and have had him do some work for me. I took him a roughed out stock and had him fit and finish it. His work was excellent. His prices are reasonable, he is honest and his estimates for cost and time are good. He makes an extra effort not to get behind on his work. He has a good relationship with a world class engraver if that is of any interest to you. If something is going to cost more to fix than it is worth he will tell you so. So he has all of the qualities I look for in a gunsmith.

He is located south of Dowling and east of the Old Seward if that helps with the address in the prior posting.

Matt

Andy is a great guy and a great gunsmith. He used to work for us, dang, 10 years or so ago, before he went out on his own to do gunsmithing and pursue some other business interests. He used to guide too. Andy is good people.

Thanks All:

I appreciate it. I was unable to Look him up in the Book, or on the Internet.

Smitty of the North
    You can't out-give God.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

seems I have already posted a few favorable things about Andy in the past... Ha! but all true! He has done 95% of all the smith work for my wife, sister-in-law and I for over 10 years and had never failed me in any way!
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Well, he wasn't interested in threading an aftermarket Glock barrel for me so I could use my suppressor. Anyone have another suggestion in the Anchorage area??

Andy prob do it.

ADfields on this forum. A sponser ,Handgun forum.

SOTN
    You can't out-give God.

Steve would do it too. Alaska Custom Firearms, Old Seward next to Wiggy's. Steve sponsors the shooting forum.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!